〘Chapter 23〙

Once arriving home, Felix's paranoia and or anxiety started kicking in again and he panicked a little bit.

He couldn't hold still, couldn't stop coughing, something he sometimes did out of nervousness, couldn't stop checking his pulse.

His heart was beating so fast and hard he was trying to find out how to stop it and calm down, so he just drank a lot of water and that kind of helped.

When they got home the first thing Lix did was take his anxiety and blood pressure meds, all of the different treatments he'd had caused him to suffer from high blood pressure.

He got kinda knocked out, but his family understood and let him rest on the couch with Lina while her parents brought in all of the luggage and unpacked her things.

"Babe I finally have you back... You don't know how hard it was to be without you for a month.." Fox admitted, almost crying out of happiness.

"Actually I know very well how hard it is, sweetheart, but you've got me back now as you said and I'm not going anywhere."

She promised as she held the boy, who was now desperately fighting with his tears, tight. He didn't want to cry in front of her.

Again, Felix thought that it was beyond impossible that for so long, Lina never cried in front of him.

Of course she did after some time, but he did basically non stop. He was a guy, a man, wasn't he supposed to be the one who's tough and who holds her tight when she cries, not the other way around?

Deep into his thoughts, Felix just fell asleep on Li's chest trying to keep her tight, so she couldn't get up and possibly hurt herself, intentionally or unintentionally.

"Lix wake up.." someone said in Korean, and after studying the language for a little over a month now, he could finally understand a little bit of the conversations his family held at home.

"I'm awake, I guess." He grumpily replied, opened and wiped his eyes, then sat up and looked at Li. She looked unwell.

"Is something wrong?" He asked and took her hands, but she just started laughing. "I have to use the bathroom dude."

He hesitantly stood up and walked with her upstairs to her own small bathroom in the girl's room.

"Oh so you're doing that again now, huh?" She asked as they were standing in front of the bathroom, crossing her arms while looking up to him.

"Yes ma'am." Felix replied, kissed her on the lips, then went inside and brushed his very very short hair while she was peeing.

"Hey but it's gotten kinda long." Lina noticed as she was looking at her boyfriend's hair. She was right, it was a bit wild and not so much a buzzcut anymore.

"True. By the way, Ryan told me that Mark quit his job today." Lix announced and Li looked at him a bit confused. "Does he wanna focus on school?"

She asked and now he was confused. Wasn't the school year already over? Or why could the girl always be there for him the whole day?

"Didn't...you guys graduate?" Felix asked and stopped what he was doing so he could confront her better

Li muttered something he understood as 'shit' and just looked up at him, not answering.

"We didn't I dropped out.." She finally confessed. Her husband to be nodded, smiled and pulled her into his arms.

"Did you do it so you could be there for me?" "Of course, Lix. I promised you that I would always be there to hold your hand if you need me."

Even though he was happy that she would go to such extends and stop her education just to be there for him, he also started to overthink again.

They wanted to live together, start a family together, and since he couldn't graduate without repeating a school year and she also dropped out before graduating, neither of them would be able to go to college and get a good paying job so they could sustain themselves and their children.

By now Felix was just blankly staring into nothingness, sweating and shaking as he got lost deeper and deeper in his way too complicated thoughts.

He ran out of the bathroom and sat back down on the couch, but only for a second as he fell Onto his side, just begging Li to get him a glass of water and anxiety meds.

"Don't worry lix I'm here. Remember that this is going to be over in a minute. Nothing you're gonna see in your episode is real, okay? Nothing the voices are gonna tell you is real." Li told him as she was holding a glass of water in front of his mouth, waiting for him to drink.

He rapidly drank all of it, then grabbed the girl by the waist and let his head fall down in between them, trying his best to fight off the emerging anxiety attack that seemed to be inevitable.

"Everything's alright, don't let it get to you. But if it does I'm gonna be right here holding you." Lina said and carefully put her hand under Felix's chin to lift his head up so he could focus on her.

"C'mon Lixie, smile for me!" Her mouth formed into a big smile, and Lix couldn't do anything else other than crack a smile himself. It was so good to finally see the girl he loved so much smile again. And she smiled only for him.

"Yes! Keep looking at me, I'm right here." She said, kissed his lips and then threw her head to one side. His vision eagerly followed her as to not loose sight.

She threw her head to the other side, then the other again, then the other. Lix always followed and couldn't contain his laughter anymore. After a couple of chuckles he threw back his own head and started laughing out loud.

"Is your anxiety attack gone now?" Felix had already forgotten that he was about to have an episode, since it was completely gone. "Yeah! Thanks princess, I'm so scared of these attacks." He confessed and laughed again.

She put her hands on the back of his head and pushed him towards her, so their lips connected and he smiled into the kiss.

Lix pulled Lina onto his lap, hugged her even tighter and kept kissing the hell out of her, just because.

Things threatened to get heated pretty quickly, but since Li's parents were still downstairs, they couldn't do anything that would be too loud.

He ended up making the decision to just stop the makeout session and offered to watch YouTube with her, to which the girl agreed.