〘Chapter 20〙

Once the dizzy feeling Felix had from the weed wore off, he and Mark went out on a walk.

Actually they were heading for Chris' place, but that was a long walk. They could've used their bikes, but Lix wasn't sure if he could balance himself. At least he couldn't walk anymore after just a short time and Mark had to give him a piggyback ride there.

"Maybe you should re-consider the wheelchair." His friend said but he declined immediately.

"No. You don't know the kind of pain I've experienced while being in that thing." The younger one protested and closed his eyes before he went into rage.

The whole wheelchair thing was still a huge trigger for him and he tried to avoid talking about it completely because of that.

The men didn't say another word until they had arrived at their friends house, with whom they chatted for quite a while.

They were outside in the garden, drinking ice tea and eating grapes together. Felix got the seat to Chris' left while Mark sat on his right, they were sitting in a circle, kinda.

After some time, Lix started noticing something on the oldest's face. It kinda looked like dirt on his nose and cheeks, but better, beautiful in a way. The 21 year old was caught off guard by the youngest staring at him for a minute and just gave his chest a little push.

"Are you okay?" He asked followed by a laugh from the only other person at the table. "Dude he's probably still high."

Everyone laughed and Chris almost choked on a sip of his ice tea.

"Nah I'm fine... Bro do you have freckles?" The youngest finally realised and his friend nodded after some time.

"They must've come out now that we've been sitting in the sun for so long." Chan explained and rubbed his eyes a little bit.

Lix could not contain his happiness and just smiled wider and wider as he kept staring at the little dark spots.

"Oh my gosh they are so beautiful! Oh god!" He fanboyed and surely he blushed a little just by looking at his friend like that.

He was a very handsome man that's for sure. "I wish I also had some." He said and Mark just laughed.

"Are you stupid? You have more than him!" The middle one pointed out and stuffed three grapes at once in his mouth. Felix realised that it was true. He really had a lot more than Chan, but still he admired his best friend's freckles.

They looked much better than his own, not so dark and they weren't as prominent on his face yet very well visible.

"I want ones like yours, they're cute." He said to the oldest and they smiled at each other.

"Felix you have your own ones, you'll never have ones like him get over it."

"W-what?"

Did Mark really just say that? It didn't seem like something he would say at all, he was always very empathetic and kind, and this was the plain truth, but still quite harsh.

"You heard me. If you find yours ugly then I guess

you'll just be ugly the rest of your life."