Chapter 1

Janna
Azare, bauchi state.

The morning is here,and I'm up. I prayed and headed straight up to do my chores and make breakfast before my mama wakes up. I was done and there was nothing for me to cook ,then I heated up the remains from yesterday(tuwo da miyan kuka).
I quickly woke mama up to eat after I was done.
Good morning mama ,I'm done with everything and here's your food,let's go outside and eat.

Good morning jannatu,okay let's go.

We went outside,ate in silence and I was Ready to go and fetch water from the river in the village.
Mama I'm going to fetch water with isra,I'll see you later.

Okay janna na,Allah yayi maki albarka( May Allah bless you).

Ameen,bye.
Well isra is my neighbor,and she's my only friend. She lives with her stepmother( a wicked one but sometimes nice).
Israaa! I was just on my way to your house fah.

Aa, janna karki damu,dama I wanted to surprise you.

Toh naji,well I beat you to it, anyways let's get going bah, eheen..how's nura now? That's how the duo kept on conversing on their way.

Well y'all must be wondering who I'm yh?
I'm Fatima Abbas( janna) ,a 16 years old holpless teen, I'm the only child of my parents, but I lived in the states for 3years before moving back to Abuja,then back to bauchi state( well I guess that's where I'll end up). Anyways my father was a well known business tycoon,he wanted a male child at all cost who will take care of his business after him,but unfortunately that's what led to his death. He married my stepmother when I was 14,after a few months, she was pregnant and used that opportunity to make my dad sign some papers to own all his properties,which he gladly did because she was gonna give him a male child,after six months I lost my dad, she killed him, the baby wasn't his,she had a boyfriend and the baby was his,she set my dad up,she killed him and took away everything we had, except for my mum's car and a farm land here in Bauchi. We sold the car and rented a house and bought some furnitures which we needed,and we used the remains of the money to complete my education( fortunately for me I had only a year to complete my sec school education). We were hoping mama would get help from close relatives,so that she'll start up some business to keep up to the needs, but no one was willing to help,because people thought she was the one who killed my dad,and hid his properties for future use( they thought my mum and I are just acting up,but little did thy know). All my friends left me except for Aisha jajere she's my best friend,but I asked her not to tell her parents about our situation,they might stop us from being friends( I thought). The year ended,our whole money finished,I graduated with good grades Alhamdulilah,but I couldn't further my education,there was no money to pay our next rent,we had no choice than to go back to bauchi,we sold the house funitures and we used the money to support us here in Bauchi,it later finished too,so I had to work in our farm,where we raised yam and some other crops and that's how we've been leaving up until today. My mum had been sick,the loss of my dad,people's accusations (calling her a witch and all). I'm always sad and depressed,I do everything in my powers to work hard and make sure my mum is okay,after all I feel like she's too innocent and young for a woman in her early forties to go through.

Well,here goes the first chapter,I hope you'd enjoy the rest to come.💕