Chapter 10.

Abuja,Nigeria.

Days passed.
Janna.

I literally enjoy my stay here in Abuja and I don't even want to go back to kano because I don't work here,I only watch and sometimes help in the kitchen,and salim has been really good to me, the other day he took me shopping and got me more clothes,shoes body cream and many more. I also noticed that nabil's house was in the street behind ours in maitama back then, there was a day I strolled down to our street,yeah the road is still fresh in my memory and when I got to our house I realized that there were some changes and new people Iive there, my heart broke once again. One more thing is that some strange things has been happening to Nabil lately ,he doesn't even go out like that,he only works from home and then different girls everyday,then most of his friends come also, I've been trying to find out what's going on but i can't, I'll surely ask salim since he is my only friend here. And I don't think we'll be going back to kano anytime soon I guess that's why i packed a lot of clothes for Nabil,and I think he's gotten more clothes. Well not bad,I Iove it here too.

Noo! Nooo! It can't be her,no please don't let her die, don't please!

Wait someone is screaming and that's Nabil's voice. I ran upstairs to his room with full speed,I turned the knob and the door opened and it revealed Nabil on his knees and blood on the floor ,he is hurting his self again,and salim is not here,what should I do ya Allah.

I moved closer to him And he was silently sobbing,he sat beside the edge of his bed.
He's really cut his self again,I quickly took the first aid box that salim normally uses to treat Nabil. I used the cotton wool firstly to clean the blood before I treated the cuts.

I'm sorry my prince. I said;

He looks so pale and innocent,what is behind this strange things happening to Nabil ? I must find out.

I moved closer and hugged him,this is haram but he was the one who held me and I understand his situation, he fell asleep immediately in my arms. Such a baby.

A few minutes later a lady in her middle or early twenties came inside the room and Nabil was still laying in my arms.

What the hell is going on here, Nabil! She asked;

And you who're you and what are you doing with my husband in your arms ? She asked again;

I didn't move or say a word,I didn't know to do, I just stayed still.

Are you deaf I'm talking to you. She said;

Then she slapped me.

It rang twice in my head.
How dare you slap me, who do you think you're? Because you saw me and Nabil in this state dosent give you the right whatsoever to slap me.

I was so angry,very angry,I raised my hand and was about to slap her back,then I felt a strong hand around mine.

Stop it jj what's going on here,I heard voices immediately I'm came back, me ya faru?
Oh it was salim.

I heard Nabil shouting as usual so I quickly came up to help him, after dressing his wounds he slept in my arms,I didn't have the strength to put him on the bed, there was nothing I could do and I didn't want to wake him up so I decided to let him rest,then just a few minutes into everything,this lady here came in and started asking me questions which I didn't reply to any,then she slapped me. I said almost crying;

I'm so sorry jj,I'm really sorry I wasn't here to help,but I'm back now ok,and oh this is Ummita,Nabil's fiancé, salim said;

Oh,I looked at her from head to toe. She looks like a betrayer, I said in my mind.
The funny thing is that Nabil is a heavy sleeper,he actually didn't even move an inch upon all this noise, wait are you sure he is sleeping or should I check again.

A few hours later.
Nabil woke up and the so called Ummita left just a moment ago, Nabil being the arrogant Nabil,he didn't even say a simple thank you,even after hearing everything,anyways I do not blame him,he wasn't in his right state of mind. But I'm still yet to find out what exactly is going on ,and who Is this girl that he keeps mentioning her name. I feel like this house is not safe for Nabil,because it obviously brings back memories that's hidden and it's really haunting him down . I suggested that maybe he should change his room, but who am I ? My opinion doesn't matter. And yh Nabil is getting married ? In this short time? That's really quick. Or am I jealous?

JJ,I think we should get you a phone yh,just Incase something like this happens,you hit me up. Salim said; Which bought me back to reality.

I was so excited upon hearing about the phone,I really missed having a phone,my Instagram,snap chat and the rest.

Okay salim,anytime you're ready I'd gladly accept,I replied;

Okay we'll go tomorrow,since tomorrow is Saturday,we'll get you a sim also and I'll teach you how to use a phone. Salim said;

I wanted to say I actually know how to use a phone you don't have to teach me,but I just decided to respect myself and keep quiet,although seems like salim wants to know about me,because a common maid cannot be this westernized to wear abayas,Sweat pants and even speak good English, I sha told him that it was mami( Nabil's mum) that gave me the clothes,and that I attended one of the best schools in Bauchi,we didn't have money to complete my education and that's why I started working as a maid in the palace( but it was all a lie, if only he knew) which he agreed. But he still wants to know more, typical salim for you,it seems like he's not in a good mood today.

Erh salim, what's wrong with you? Are you ok ? You look down, care to share ? I asked;

It's nothing jj,I'm just worried about salim,his past is back to haunting him again, even after a whole lot of therapy and many other things, which I don't want to talk about and also this stupid girl he wants to marry,we've been warning him about this girl she's not good for him,but he doesn't want to listen,we all don't like her but she's also his cousin there's nothing we can do about it and seems like he is in love with her, even thou his heart belongs to someone else. Sigh, salim said;

I don't seem to clearly understand all this but.. Allah knows best and Insha Allah everything will be okay,we just have to pray hard for him. I said;

We'll do that Insha Allah jj,let's watch a movie how bout that ? Salim said;

Yh yh that's a good idea,let me get popcorn and ice cream for us, but not horror like the other day, do you know I couldn't sleep, I said laughing;

Kai you don't mean it,you should have told me ai,but trust me this horror Isn't that scary let's just try it out, said salim.

And that's how they spent the night