Chapter 16.

👩‍⚖️

Janna.
We're back in Kano, and the wedding is fast approaching, I haven't seen ummita in a while now. I really missed my aunt and the queen (mami) ofcourse, I'll go and greet her after I'm done with this work since Nabil isn't around.

I felt a sharp pain beneath my stomach, and I knew what was coming, I couldn't move an inch and I've to finish this work for Nabil if not I'm so dead. What to do ? What to do...?

I laid flat on my stomach in the dressing room with my hands on my stomach, ya Allah please help me, I started crying....
a few minutes into everything, it subsided a little, I quickly rushed to the maid's chambers, changed and wore a sanitary pad, then took pain killers from the one salim got for me back in Abuja.

I went back to Nabil chambers, I continued ironing the clothes he gave me, deep into it, the pain hit me again and I fell to the ground.
I was shouting for help but no one was there I cried and cried but nothing changed. I thought I took some pain killers.
Just in time I heard movements coming towards the closet, I yelped for help again and there came a running Nabil.

Please help me I said crying;
Please.

Nabil.
I came inside my chambers and the living room was as clean as I left it, and something was burning,it clouded the whole environment, I checked and it was food burning from the kitchen.
I turned off the gas, where could this girl be.?
Is she mad? Does she want to kill us.?
Well, I guess I'll beat her to it, I'll kill her before she does.

I heard noises coming from upstairs, I traced the voice and it was coming from my room, I got scared but there again I remembered I asked her to do something for me in my room.

I quickly rushed in and I saw her laying on the floor in my closet crying and holding her stomach.

Please help me she said;
Please, she said again faintly.
She looked innocent, I didn't know what to do, mami went out earlier and rn dada isn't happy with me she doesn't even want to talk to her Me. I called salim and he wasn't picking then I called amma( ya Ameena)
I explained to her what was happening and she said with it was menstral cramps, she told me what to get for her and I should let her rest.

Just immediately salim returned the call, I also explained to him and in less than 15 minutes he arrived.

What do we do salim ? I asked him;

I know she went through something similar twice back in Abuja, but it wasn't as scary as this, i remember I even got her some medications from the pharmacy, but I insist we should call dr naseer or we should take her to the hospital. Salim said;

Okay. I simply said, while I called dr naseer and invited him over.
He said he is handling something in the hospital but he'll be here soon.

Still in same spot, with her rolling lifeless on the floor, she'll cry a bit then keep mute for a while and she kept repeating same thing. While salim was rubbing her back, beautiful indeed.
PS note the sarcasm.

A few minutes later
Dr naseer arrived and he asked us to step out.

Excuse me doctor is she alright...? Salim spoke this time;

Yes she is, but she needs rest, she is actually having menstral pain and she took an expired medicine which brought a little complications, but it's solved already and it's common amongst the ladies to have this severe pain, so just let her rest for a while and she'll be okay. Dr naseer said;

Thank you doctor we both said;

And here give her this when she wakes up, she is to take it anytime she's having that pain, it's the best medication for her. Dr said handing me over a red pack.

Okay we'll do that, he nodded and left.

I let her have her sleep on my bed, while we walked out of the room.

Kai baba I feel for ladies Wallahi, sha it's meant to happen. Salim said;

Yeah indeed.

Any prep for the wedding, y'know it's next tomorrow..? Salim said;

Omo nothing nothing o, all I know is that after that daurin aure and dinner on Saturday I'm packing my things back to Abuja on Monday, I'm not waiting for anyone, and I haven't even set my eyes on her since I came back to kano. That girl is just dumb. I said;

I'm warning you dai, know what you're signing up for. Salim said;

Yeah whatever.
Make we commot abeg I said;

You say, commot go wettin? She you dey craze. Who're we leaving jj with.? Salim said;

What'd you mean!? She's old enough to take care of herself, isn't she.? If you're not going I'll call khalifa and Farouk and we'll go together.
Oh na ma manta, khalifa is in Abuja.
I'll just buzz farouq.

Salim just rolled his eyes and continued watching fast and furious and I'm sure he is not fully concentrated.

Ring ring I dialed Farouk's number.
Maza yane. I said;

Omo ango fine o, how far? Farouk said;

Abeg which ango, Where you dey? I said;

I Dey close to the palace self. I came to drop my sisters they're visiting a friend. Farouk said.

Oya now I dey with salim, show now.

Fosho I go dey there now now. Farouk said.

Shege mofo, salim and I shouted before I ended the call.
We chatted a little before Farouk came in.

We were playing ps 5 when the maid strolled down majestically from the stairs just like a princess in her Cinderella gown going for a night shower dinner.
Ps note the sarcasm.

Cheee, who be this fine girl. Farouk whispered;

Banza na my maid o, I said... while salim glared at the both of us.

Whoa easy... easy soldier man. And Farouk was busy laughing, we were taking turns in the game since it just two pads.
It was salim's turn but he gave Farouk the pad and he quickly walked up to the maid.

Wawa kawai.

Janna.

After the madness I pulled in Nabil's room, I woke up to a soft surface,the room was dark and chilled, a good atmosphere to sleep I thought, before my brain recalled... hey you're Actually on Nabil's bed, like wa daffuqqqq omg I screamed but loud enough only for me to hear. I quickly got up and the pain had gone, I checked around and there was no sign of him, Alhamdulilah.

I quickly left the room, I reached the stairs and I heard voices in the living room, I was having a fight with my brain again wether to go down or just go back upstairs... I just decided on walking slowly and silently down the stairs to avoid any interventions or interrogations rather.
Half way through my catty walk, all eyes were on me and I saw them whispering.
I felt ashamed I couldn't even face them, just in time salim walked up to me, helped me down and took me to the kitchen, while the other guy whom I assume is their friend was laughing and Nabil kept a straight face.

Psycho.