Chapter 13

JANNA.
9:00am

I slept off in the reception with my head on salim's shoulders.
We've been waiting for them to set up his ward and it was done.
20 minutes after I was up,the nurses showed us to his room.

Salamalaykum.
We said our salam while we walked in, Nabil looked pale and hopeless, his left arm was wrapped with bandage and a few stitches on his palms, and with the support of an oxygen he was breathing perfectly,I started crying again the moment I saw him, I just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything will be fine.

Stop crying jj,he'll be fine Insha Allah, let's go home,eat, change and get a few things then we'd come back, that ummita called me three times but I didn't pick. Said salim;

Okay we can go, but who'll stay here with him? I asked;

Don't worry we won't take much time an 1hour or 2 will do and we'd be back and I've spoken to the nurses they'll watch over him before we come back. Salim said;

I gave him one last look and we left.

We arrived shortly at the gate after a silent drive.
We entered inside the house and we saw the two crazy human beings ummita and her friend laughing about something on her phone, I hissed and walk past them. She actually seems unbothered about her would-be  husband, I don't think things sit well with this ummita girl, i doubt her loyalty, I just pray for the best because this girl screams fire and hypocrisy.

We decided not to inform Nabil's parents because his mum most especially would be so worried.

I took my bath and wore something comfy before heading out to take my breakfast, I also  packed a few clothes for myself since I was going to stay with the prince at the hospital before he gets better, i packed a few necessities for the prince also, we ordered the maids to be making food for Nabil and me  then send the house driver to bring it everyday.

Jj are you ready ? Salim yelled from upstairs;

Yes I'm. I yelled back;

Then I heard voices and it's coming from upstairs,and it's coming closer I think they're coming down,let me go and hear what's going on.

Please salim tell me the hospital,or we can go together ,I've been really worried since yesterday you can ask Fatima. Ummita said;

Ummita please leave me alone if you had really cared you wouldn't be sitted here and enjoying the moments with your friend, I would really appreciate it if you move out of my way because Wallahi by Allah I'll push you and I don't care whatever consequences it holds. Salim yelled really angry;  you could see the flame through his glass eyes.

I've never seen him this mad before, I didn't know whether to go and console him  or just let him be, the girl should just move now ahn.

Then she quickly moved as if  she read my
Mind.

Have you packed everything jj? Salim asked really calm now;

Whoa see mood swings Omo.

I nodded a bit scared from what happened a few sec. ago. Then he held my hands.

Let's go, he might be awake by now. Then he turned around to ummita.

By Allah if by mistake you find the address of that hospital and I see you anywhere around there I promise you I'll strangle, I'll make sure I pull out your lungs through your throat. Salim said and glared at her before we left the house;

NABIL.

I woke up feeling light headed and very weak, I opened my eyes to a not so dark room, I tried processing what was happening and why I was here, because the last time I checked I was outside laying on the ground, I tried moving my body also but the sharp pains from left and right kept reoccurring, I felt like crying,but hell no! I'm a man, and what if someone comes in too my subconscious added;  that's when I remembered everything that happened and why I'm in the hospital......

After I left ummita and her friend, I decided to leave the house and go get some fresh air. I normally use my white bmw X8 anytime I wanted my alone time. I really don't get why I'm this mad, I don't even love this girl, I don't understand why she's having a great effect on me.
What if you do love her, my subconscious again;
Nah it can't be, I hate her she's just a common maid.

I promised everyone that I've changed, but no! I'm only relieved when I do this, after a long ride around Abuja without a particular destination, and some catching up with a few friends, it was 1am  already, I was in a street in wuse 2, the place was so cool and quiet, so I parked.

I got a mini knife that I normally  keep in my car for safety reasons and for nights like this, I don't feel hurt when I do this, infact it feels better. I cut my palm and left side of my cheek, I saw blood gushing out but I couldn't care less, I felt so much better after doing that, I was about to  turn on the car and go back home when three Hefty men out of nowhere dressed in black  blocked my way, one came to my window and the other two entered the car, they put a gun to my head but I wasn't scared I just wanted to die so that I'd go and meet my Salma.

They asked me to come down which I refused, I tried fighting back but they hit the back of my neck with the gun, it was so painful that I didn't know the moment I came down. I was surprised that they didn't check me or ask for money or my phone. Then boom they turned on my car, I got up and tried fighting the not so strong one, that stayed with me outside while the two where inside the car. I mean I gym every morning and night so the muscles and power ain't for waste, I got up silently when he turned to receive a call and then I use a stick to hit him, he laid down flat on the ground without moving an inch, for a sec I thought I killed him.

They were about to move with the car then they stopped to ask their other partner to join them, unfortunately he was unconscious, then the other one with the gun turned angrily and shot me on my arm, damn I didn't see that coming, I fell on my knees, he pulled the trigger and wanted to shoot again then I got up and was about to run, dooom he shot another bullet on the same spot, this time I was weak the pain was too much, I couldn't move or even shout for help, they got down from the car and carried the other guy on the ground, I didn't know what happened from there before everything turned black.

So does that mean nobody knows of my whereabout, I asked no one in particular, I couldn't even call out for the nurses..... just in time the door opened, and salim came through, what a best man indeed, behind him was the maid, wow just wow, how did they find out?

Maza what's up? Ya akayi haka? Salim asked;

Baba ka bari kawai, I got the shots of my life all because of anger. I replied

Tell us how it happened ? Salim said again;

I narrated the whole mystery that happened from when I was with ummita until now.

The maid's  eyes grew so big as I was telling them what happened she was at the verge of crying, she must be emotional I thought;

You and your anger issues Nabil, I thought you said you had changed even after the therapy and promises common Nabil, and Salma was your past can you forget about her and move on, work on this Nabil you're not helping yourself, and I tell you again ummita is not good for you, think about it I know you don't love her that much deep down, but this is your future act wise, anyways after I called your line severally and you didn't pick which I'm 100 percent sure you saw but chose to ignore, I dialed your number for the last time again and then the doctor picked, that was how we knew you ended up here, and before we left in the morning  you looked lifeless with the oxygen, how'd you wake up in less than 2 hours, salim said;

I didn't even know what to say, I just kept on staring like a zombie.