Chapter 21.

🌝.
Janna.

Nabil dosent want to see anybody today, he has restricted me from going to his chambers too. He says he dosent even to see me, I disgust him.

Now I'm less busy, and ohh salim's case is getting worse day by day.

But... anty Maryam said she would like to discuss something with me later on, I pray it'll be good news.. maybe I'll be leaving soon or maybe I'll soon die,I don't know why but honestly I'm tired of this life. I want it to end.

I took a evening stroll round the palace to while a way time before anty Maryam comes back. It felt soo good and welcoming, the smell of sand mixed with water, the cloudy cozy weather, the breeze and everything.
I forgot all my worries for a moment.

A few hours later.

Janna, I said I wanted telling you something.
My aunt said;

I nodded;

Actually.... she started and paused;
I don't know how to break this news to you janna, she said;

At this point I was nervous. What's happening.
Y'know what? Just tell me anyhow aunt; I said.

Okay actually... the queen sent a proposal and we need your approval.
But I think it's best we go meet her because honestly I can't break this new to you janna, gaskiya. My aunt said and stood up;

Wow, just to tell me something? I said in my mind;

She gave me her hand and asked me to come with  her to the queen...!

Salam, we both said.

Greetings my queen.
She replied with a smile and a warm hug;

Okay this is so unlike her, is there anything going on, I need to know already.

Sit beside me my dear, she said smiling again and patting an empty space on the sofa beside her.

Thank you mami, I replied, Bowing a little and staring at the beautiful blue soft table rug;

You see my dear, she started and my heart beat skipped;
Please do me a favor and marry Nabil habibty;

And she dropped the bomb.

Huh I didn't hear you, is my ears telling me lies or have I perhaps suddenly gone crazy? Nah it's just a dream, someone please wake me up.

Please.
You see nah-knee this is the reason why I want you to marry him, there are no reasons whatsoever, but... Nabil is going astray, he's been like that for a very long while.
He needs someone in his life, someone responsible who'll change him, someone who'll be there to hold him and tell him everything will be ok when I'm not there.
I like you janna ever since I saw you, I knew you were the one for Nabil.

Please Janna. For my sake, do this and make me happy, I know how Nabil hasn't been good to you but I promise you Insha Allah with you there everything will be fine. I'll always be here for you anytime you need anything.

We'll go to bauchi with your aunt and everyone by tomorrow if you agree and talk to your mother about it. Please habibty.
She said and released a heavy sigh;

My brain is tight right now I've been hitting it mentally so that it could reset but unfortunately it's failing to.
I turned to my aunt and she gave me a re-assuring look.
I tried so hard to hold back my tears, but at the mention of my mother, my eyes is trying to deceive me.

I'll do it mami. I said out of the blues;
Even I was shocked at the utterance of my words.
I just pray I don't regret it.

Thank you so much habibty, you've made me the happiest mother on earth, Insha Allah preparations will start by tomorrow. The queen said and gave me another warm hug;

You're welcome mami, I said and turned to leave. I left anty Maryam there.

I walked slowly back to the maid's chambers.

Just a  few sec to the chambers, a heavy rain started pouring,well I saw it coming earlier.

It washed me from head to toe, it took away my pains and sorrow's, it gave me chills. Then I started thinking.

Am I ready for this?
What about what I want ? Who I want!
But you said  yes yourself, and you still can't choose who you want. My subconscious interfered; I ignored it and continued.
What if he kills me? I know he doesn't even like me. But what about salim, will he be there for me? He doesn't even like me either.
I just want to run back to my mother, I sat in front of the chambers and cried. I cried and cried until I couldn't no more.
I didn't know for how long I stayed there but I know it was for so long.

After I had enough, I went back inside... changed my uniform, dried my hair and prayed isha.
I picked my phone and checked a few things.
Before hitting the pillow.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. And I know I'm in for fever. I thought;

I don't think I want you Nabil.