Chapter 8

Nabil.

The king demanded for my presence last night to remind me about my meeting in Abuja for the opening of the new company which will take place on Saturday,so we'll be leaving next tomorrow. And again I've to go with this ugly maid and salim. Well Atleast I've got salim there.
And that our agreement was to find a wife immediately I graduate since I've everything I needed. I still haven't gotten anyone since after my one and only true love died.
So now I've got to choose between Siyam and ummita.
Firstly, Siyam is too clingy and she a spoilt brat, I heard she also has numerous bad friends everywhere I don't think I'll go for her although I find her a little bit cute with her petit figure but ummita is finer.

Then now ummita. Well ummita, looks nice and kind but I know deep down she isn't. And I've always known she's a had  a crush on me since when she was little,  besides she's my cousin, her father is my father's younger brother and She's cute. Yeah I think I'd go for her even thou I don't love her one bit, but she's better than Siyam. And I know my mother doesn't like her because of some personal reasons I'm yet to find out and she keeps saying unmita's family are evil, but I've no choice.

You're wasting time Nabil, your mother is right here waiting for you to speak or like i said we'd choose a wife for you. My father's voice brought me back to reality;

Babba I'll marry ummita. I said;

Masha Allah, Nabil  Allah ya yi maka albarka I'll speak to her father and everything will be fixed immediately, we'll inform you whatsoever it is that Is on ground on phone since you'll stay long in Abuja . Go well my son; and that's how my father dismissed me.
All along my mother did not say anything I know she's mad.
I stood up and left.

She demanded my presence in her chambers a few minutes later.

Nabil what have you done to yourself!? You know your situation and y'know that this girl will never guide you to the right path knowing the kind of home she comes from. Why this Nabil!? My mum said angry and emotional;

I'm sorry mami, I had no choice, she's the only one I've in mind after Salma, and by Allah I don't even love her, I know that if I don't present a wife Baba will get me married and it'll be to one of his royal  friends. I replied hugging her;

Atleast it's better, instead of  marrying that useless girl, look here Nabil! All I want is the best for you, but since this is the path you've chose to follow, then may Allah guide you through. But you'll have to do something for me bilu. My mum said giving up;

Ameen mami, okay what is it!? I asked;

Promise me you'll find a better woman and marry after you marry ummita, or better still if you don't want to look for any woman I'll help you do that my son. Mami dropped another bomb again;

Will this day just get any worse already.

Toh mami I don't know what to say, but you know after salma died, my heart locked, I don't think I'll find any woman to love again all by myself, I think you should just do the searching for me and Insha Allah I'd marry her. I said;

Toh Nabil you may leave, Allah yayi maka albarka. My mum said and she dismissed me;

Janna.
Good morning anty Maryam,let me go  to the prince's chambers before he wakes up.

Okay jannatu take care. Said anty Maryam;

I arrived the prince chambers and I didn't see salim,I guess he's left already,but so early ? Anyways.
I quickly entered the kitchen and made waffles with chocolate and vanilla cream and hot coffe with milk, I pray he eats the food though.
I dare not wake him up if not I would  join my father today but I'm not ready for that now,so I'll wait until he wakes up. And again I'll ask him why he hates me this much.

It's 11am already and he's still not awake. Or should I just go out and have fun or maybe even visit mami,it's been a while. Yeah that's a good idea. I turned around to leave when I saw him in front of the fridge bringing out a glass of milk, wait is this guy some kinda ghost or what I was just here talking but I didn't see him and all of a sudden he's appeared out of no where.

Good morning my prince;

He replied with a nod.

How rude,I rolled my eyes,but this time I said it in my mind before I receive a blow this time and not a slap.

Still in kitchen....
Awkward silence...

Erhm,should I serve you your food? I said while my head was hanging in a bow,I couldn't look into his eyes.

Silence.... I repeated it again.
still silence... I decided to raise my head and see wether I was just talking to myself. Lo and behold the almighty Nabil was seating on the kitchen island staring at me with a smirk on his face.
What the hell... is this man crazy or what? I mean I've been talking for crying out loud,as if he was waiting for me to raise my head then he hissed and stood up and left.
Oh well I saw it coming.

How about I just pack my things in the night and run away? Yh that's a good idea I'll do that tonight. I'm tired of this inhumanity it's not fair it's really not fair. But... salim....

This chapter is really short,sorry bout that,I'm thinking of what to write lol🤸🏿‍♀️