Chapter 32.

🤎.

My back aches, and all parts of my body, y'know from last night's commotion.

Currently, I'm in the kitchen preparing break fast.
Today is Saturday so obviously there's no school for me.
I finished cooking and I set the table.

I walked up to his room, but I stood in front of his door, I was too shy to even look at his face.
I raised my hand to knock when the door swung open, I almost drowned.

Shit! I cursed;

For how long have you been standing here beautiful. He asked wrapping his arms around my waist;

For real this nigga will be the death of me.
I couldn't answer, instead of him to let me go, he made things worse, he picked me up in a bridal style and brought me into his room further in.
He sat me down at the edge of his bed.

......................
Few months later.

Nisa premier hospital.
Congratulations Mr& Mrs Nabil. Your wife is 2 months pregnant. Dr. Nasir said;

Oh no wait! You're kidding me aren't you ?
My whole life, I've never seen Nabil this happy.

Thank you so much noorul ayn, you've made me the happiest on earth today. On this day, I promise you'd always be my favorite and my little princess but there will be a second.
I'll always be right beside you, just a call and I'll be at your service. Nabil said not bothering if the doctor was there.
they're friends actually so I'm not surprised.

I couldn't even utter a word, I was just very happy, can't wait to meet my baby girl, can't wait to see if she would be just so cute like her dad.
Alhamdulilah, I muttered beneath my breath.

Shortly after, we arrived at home.
Others say that their first pregnancies comes with sickness, mood swings, more cravings and all.
But mine's different, I'm free of all those, except for the cravings.

So which name do we give our little princess, he asked bringing me out of my reverie;

I think Janan or hanan. I said;

Sounds nice, mother janna- daughter janan.

God you're just my perfect family, I can't wait for us to be complete, he said kissing my tummy. Unknown for him it wouldn't last long.

I'd prepare her room, just before she arrives, but her room will be that beside mine, he said smirking;

No way no way! That'll never be possible.
My daughter stays beside me, or else!! I said;

Or else what? Would you abort it ? He asked laughing?
Don't worry even if you abort it, we can always make another one y'know, he said with a wink.

Damn Nabil, I threw a pillow at him;

He dodged and ran towards the main door.
I'll be back in a short while noorul ayn, he yelled from the door, don't miss me too much, and he left.
I'm missing him already. But, I do have a weird feeling,I can't stop him from going out, but this doesn't seat well with me.

Or should I just call and ask him to come bck, to be on a safer side. I asked no one in particular.
Hmm, it'd better be good news, ya Allah.

TikTokTak.
Secs, minutes, hours has passed by and the short while Nabil mentioned earlier has turned to the longest while.
His number isn't reachable and he isn't calling me either.
What could be wrong?

Calm down zara, he could be stuck somewhere, this is just 10:58pm. Rest a little, he is safe hopefully, my positive mind said; Phew! Atleast that was a chill.

But then I always tend to forget that my negative mind still exist and it still had to interfere in this critical condition!
Oh perhaps, something happened and he died, or maybe he even got a better girl and he is out with her! The stupid mind said!

Damn! It can't be, no way! My Nabil is okay, I know and....
I was cut off my thoughts, with the ring on my phone.

It's salim. Ok right now, this is getting scarier than expected.
Hello, I said without wasting any more secs.

Janna! Please come down quickly and wear your hijab, we need to be at the hospital immediately.

That didn't come well, y'know when you hear hospital it means it's a bad news yeah? Well when I was supposed to be scared, crying and shouting upon the mention of hospital and my Nabil isn't still back, then something must definitely be wrong, but I was chilled, like I'm really calm. Idk why but seems I've lost my iman lol, or it's just probably the devil.

I quietly removed a pink long hijab from my closet, picked my phone and ran down!
I was panting real hard by the time I was near salim.

Let's go please, there's an emergency. Salim said and we quickly left the house.

I didn't bother asking, am I sure I'm okay?

I know salim must be bothered with my cold reaction, because he knows someone like me should be acting all dramatic and crazily, but surprisingly I'm still calm o, it's like I'm slowly losing my mind already. He was giving me the are you sure you're normal look, which I chose to ignore, I'm trying to get my head together. And the rest of the drive was silent.

We're here!

We quickly got down.
Straight to the reception.

Just on cue, a female doctor popped out from the emergency ward.

I guess you must be the family of Mr Nabil turaki, she asked as she walked towards salim and I.

Yes yes we both answered, that was when reality dawned on me that.... my Nabil is really in the hospital!

Good, I'm doctor Bella and....

Just shut it! And go to the fu****kin point. Where is my husband? I don't know where that anger came from, but she's just wasting my time.

Calm down mrs. Said the doctor.

Calm down JJ, salim said holding my hands.
If not for the situation on ground, his hands were softer than that of Nabil.
Astagafurillah.

Like I was saying, your husband was involved in a ghastly accident, which tend to have almost taken his life. But thankfully there were people that were quick to help.
We got to find out his details in his car, that was badly damaged,we tried reaching you his wife but your number was not going through, ( I remembered my line was special and unknown numbers will not be able to reach me, thanks to Nabil) and that's how we found salim on his second list as his best friend.

I kept calm all this while.

We've tried all our best, the doctor continued.
He has sustained a lot of injuries and....
to cut the long story short, I'm sorry but he is in a comma and only God can be his savior at this moment. She said;

I saw three different creatures, before I passed out.

Lights out 💕🍭