Chapter 1 [The Sanake Is Scary]

At the heart of a City was a fancy photo studio, which catered exclusively for female clients. Although many people pass by the studio but it wasn't bustling in the studio, because majority of the studio's clients were booked in by appointments. The renowned eccentric photographer was fussy about which clients to accept and often delay developing photos for half a year after a client's photos were taken.

On another quiet day at the studio, a lazy Squirrel alike girl reclined on a chair. One hand propped her chin and the other hand tapped on a glass table. Her elongated legs were propped on the adjacent chair.

The lazy girl wore a silk white shirt with the two top buttons opened and revealed a beautiful collarbone. She wore tight black trousers on her long legs.

"Who's there?" the girl asked hoarsely.

She sighed. She squinted her eyes, gritted her teeth, she glared at a young lady who disturbed her rest. The young lady was her friend and also the owner of the fancy studio's fittings and photography equipment.

The young lady strutted toward her tomboy friend and she looked suspiciously at the box of cough drops on the glass table. "What's wrong? Your throat hurts? You didn't have a good rest last night, right?"

The lazy girl popped a cough drop into her mouth, cleared her throat but her voice was still hoarse.

"Yesterday my mum called and she said she wants to travel a thousand miles away from home to visit me," the lazy girl said hoarsely through gritted teeth. "She emphasised it'll be more convenient for her to check my living situation."

"So you were too anxious to sleep? Then you were hot and bothered enough to burn your throat?" The beautiful young lady called Im Nayeon asked. The studio lighting reflected off her pearly fingernails whilst she laughed loudly.

"Did just the thought of living in the same place with that person wilt you? And that's why you're here early in the morning to mope?"

"Who said I'm wilted?" the lazy Squirrel girl protested. She shot up from the chair like a chicken's head avoiding a chopping board. "I'm preoccupied about thinking how to knockout that weakling in one blow and send him flying straight to the hospital."

Nayeon smiled deviously and she gazed outside the window. "Isn't he in the hospital across from us? If you actually wanted to hit him, you don't need more than two minutes to do so. Or is it you don't have the heart to knock him out?"

The angry Squirrel waved a fisted hand in front of Nayeon.

"Im Nayeon! Don't provoke me!'

Nayeon ignored her friend's idle threat and she pushed her friend's fisted hand aside. She shook her head helplessly.

"I don't understand you. If you've been enemies with him for eighteen generations then why do both of you feel the need to deceive both your parents about it? Both of you shouldn't pretend there's deep affections between each other. Isn't it simpler if both of you avoid each other until death?"

The lazy Squirrel wrinkled her forehead. "That year his mum cried a river of tears and asked me to take good care of him. If we want to turn our backs on each other, he has to be the one to initiate it, not me."

"You actually count that as a legitimate reason?" Nayeon asked skeptically.

"Doesn't it count as a reason?" the Squirrel protested.

"Count?" Nayeon asked.

"Doesn't it count?" the Squirrel asked.

The two friends participated in a staring showdown to defend their own opinion.