Chapter 3 [Is Chou Tzuyu A Bad Luck!?]

Sana carried a bag of snacks and beers in her right hand and she swung a key ring around her left index finger. She hummed songs on the way to Tzuyu's home.

Tzuyu's home was inside an extravagant high-rise building, his home was a lot better than her cracked and on the verge of crumbling home. Tzuyu's neighbourhood didn't have stray cats screech meow sounds in the middle of the night and there were no rowdy fish markets where people exchanged profanities like roosters crudely crowing at dogs. The smooth pebbled footpath to Tzuyu's home was surrounded by aesthetic greenery, fresh air and ample sunlight.

Sana purposely circled around the high-rise building to check if Tzuyu's car was parked in the tenants' parking bay. She was happy she didn't see his car and she comfortably entered the high-rise building.

In the elevator Sana was still mystified how twenty years ago Tzuyu's dad's business took off like a kite elevated by the wind, which was why twenty years later Tzuyu lived in a luxurious neighbourhood and Sana lived in an average neighbourhood.

But even if Sana was beaten to death, she wouldn't admit Tzuyu's dad enrolled her and Tzuyu in the same primary school, high school and the most prestigious city college. Unfortunately when she and Tzuyu came home to visit from the capital city, they complained to their parents they didn't like living in the crowded city and Tzuyu's dad immediately bought an apartment in the high-rise building. Tzuyu's dad said he bought the apartment for her and Tzuyu to live together and take care of each other to give their parents a peace of mind.

The number above the glass elevator door quickly increased, Sana exhaled deeply and she focused her attentions on the moon above the night sky outside the high-rise building.

Sana had known Tzuyu for many years, and between them they never had a decent word to say about each other. Why did their parents think they could take care of each other? Weren't their parents scared they'd live together for less than three days, Chou Tzuyu's lungs would explode from annoyance and she would pound Chou Tzuyu's face until it was flat as a pancake?

Sana and Tzuyu's lives were intertwined for more than twenty years yet their parents didn't see the real nature of their relationship. Didn't their parents feel since they were adults and even if their parents didn't think they hated each other, an unrelated and unmarried male and female living together was a concern?

Sana's carefree childhood years, her awkward adolescent years and her early spring young adult years flew by and cemented in her memories was an image of the same monster who shadowed her.

Sana felt she only kissed Chou Tzuyu once and held him a little. So she didn't understand why it was necessary for Chou Tzuyu to shadow her until death.

Sana hated Chou Tzuyu, looked down on him and resented him. Whenever she was in a bad mood, she just needed to think about Chou Tzuyu's face and she'd want to run to him and give him a beating to feel better. But she didn't dare vent on Tzuyu in front of her parents and his parents.

Sana would shudder and feel a cold sensation on her nape if she just thought about the past how her mum waved a pot and chased her passed ten homes of neighbouring families.

But what held back Sana the most from killing Tzuyu was his mum. Tzuyu's mum was born with a hereditary heart condition and when Tzuyu's mum gave birth to Tzuyu she nearly lost her life. From the top to bottom members of the Chou household, Tzuyu's mum was under their protection as though Tzuyu's mum was a national treasure. Even Tzuyu's career path was chosen by the head of the Chou household for Tzuyu to help treat his mum's heart condition.

Sana was mindful of Tzuyu's mum's heart condition, she'd rather her mum beat her bottom until it ballooned like a red rose than dare to provoke Tzuyu's mum.