Chapter 37 [When The Prank Has Gone Too Far...]

In the morning Sana laid in bed and she stared at the ceiling.

Sana couldn't believe she stayed awake all night.

She rubbed the spots on her lips where Tzuyu bit. She remembered the look of frustration and reluctance in his eyes before he let her go.

Sana hit her head against her pillow and she cursed the hateful Tzuyu - 'You dare kiss me when you're marrying someone else!'

Sana didn't want to think about anything, she only wanted to sleep.

Sana wrapped the bedsheet around her body and she rolled on the bed. But she felt like snakes slid on her body and she couldn't sleep.

Mrs Minatozaki carried Nako_chan and a bundle of scallions into her daughter's room. She pulled the bedsheet off her daughter.

''Mum, what is it?'' Sana asked.

Mrs Minatozaki knocked her daughter's head with the bundle of scallions. ''Wake up, you got work to do.''

''Mum, today do you want me to knead dough, wash herbs or mince the meat?'' Sana asked.

''I'm busy today. I need you to take Nako_chan for his scheduled vaccination,'' Mrs Minatozaki said.

Sana got out of bed and her mum passed her Nako_chan. She hugged him and she kissed his cheek.

Sana carried Nako_chan to the bathroom, she quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face. Then she put an adorable little hat on top of Nako's head and she carried him to the town's hospital.

At the hospital a doctor injected a vaccine into Nako's arm and Nako_chan cried loudly. Sana carried Nako outside, she hugged him and she wiped tears and snot off his face.

Sana patted Nako's back. ''Be good, don't cry anymore. Aunty will give a lollipop for you.''

Nako saw Sana opened a lollipop wrapper and he stopped crying.

Sana waved the lollipop in front of Nako's face. His little hands grabbed her hand and he licked the lollipop.

Sana looked for a rubbish bin. She didn't see a rubbish bin instead she saw the Department of Registry building.

Sana carried Nako to a bench near the front of the Department of Registry building. She sat on the bench and Nako sat on her lap. She held the lollipop for him to lick and occasionally she gave him sips of his water bottle she kept in her pants pocket.

''After you're done eating your lollipop we'll go home. At home remember to cry loudly for your great-aunt to hear. She'll love you to death," Sana said.

Sana squeezed Nako cheek. She held Nako on her lap and her eyes focused on the newlyweds and the newly divorced couples who walked out of the Department of Registry building.

Suddenly Sana saw Tzuyu who wore an ash grey suit walked out of a car. The same car that Mina stepped out of. Mina wore a beautiful light pink dress. She thought they looked like a stunning couple and their smiles blinded her eyes.

Sana watched Tzuyu and Mina walked together into the Department of Registry building. Immediately she stood and she carried Nako_chan into the same building.

Inside the building Nako's curious eyes looked at the people who lined up to register births, marriages and deaths. He also looked at the people who lined up for authentication services. But Sana's eyes only looked at Tzuyu.

Sana saw Mina stood next to Tzuyu at a counter. She saw Mina took out a family birth record and Mina used it to fill out a form.

Sana didn't want Tzuyu to marry Mina. Tzuyu played her for more than twenty years. Last night he even kissed her but he wanted to marry someone else.