Chapter 8 [Poor Squirrel]

Sana's swollen pig face was bandaged so she wouldn't scratch her face. She didn't mind staying home, except her mum watched her vigilantly. It meant she couldn't drink alcohol, eat spicy food, eat meat or eat seafood for three days. She begged for a little red meat of even a little chicken, but her mum didn't cave in front of her teary red eyes.

Sana saw an opportunity to smuggle braised pork and eggs into her deflated stomach when her mum was busy tidying the kitchen.

Sana's dry fingers grabbed a piece of braised pork meat set on the dining table, but she felt chopsticks appeared out of thin air and it clasped her dry fingers together.

"Ah! Chou Tzuyu! Let go of my fingers!" Sana cried out.

"Ok." Tzuyu said. He released Sana's fingers from his chopsticks. "Aunty, Sana's eating behind your back.'

Sana didn't understand why she heard Tzuyu's voice for more than twenty years, yet his voice never ceased to make her arms and feet itchy.

"Does it have to be this way? It's only one piece of braised pork meat." Sana said. She retrieved her fingers and shoved the meat in her mouth. "We're adults now. Do you have to be this childish?"

"Ah!" Sana cried out and she spat out the meat that burnt her tongue.

Mrs Minatozaki poked her head through the dining room door and she looked suspiciously at her daughter. "Did you eat meat behind my back?"

Sana covered her mouth and she shook her head.

Tzuyu smiled and he put his glass of water and ice in front of Sana.

Sana didn't care if her enemy's food and drinks gave her an allergic reaction or not, she picked up Tzuyu's glass of water and she drank it to cool her burnt tongue. "No mum, no one's eating meat behind your back."

Sana rested her chin on the dining table and she stared lovingly at the meat and seafood dishes. She swallowed her saliva, it was her misfortune her enemy watched her vigilantly as her mum.

The unsympathetic Mrs Minatozaki put a bowl of plain white rice congee in front of her daughter. "This is yours."

Sana looked at her bowl of congee, there was no meat, no seafood and not even onions. She looked back at the meat and seafood dishes on the dining table like a dog who begged for leftover meat.

&Mum, can I at least have pickled cucumber?" Sana asked her mum who she suspected found her in a rubbish bin.

"Get it yourself."  Mrs Minatozaki said. She carefully scooped a bowl of soup and she put it in front of Tzuyu. "Tzutzu, eat this nutritious bowl of soup. It took aunty one day and one night to make the soup broth.'

Sana sniffed the delicious scent of the soup and she smiled sweetly. "Mum, what soup did you make for Tzuyu?"

"The soup is increase Tzutzu's stamina." Mrs Minatozaki said.

Sana laughed and she spat out the mouthful of congee.

Mrs Minatozaki's hands shielded Tzuyu's bowl of soup. "Don't contaminate Tzutzu's soup."

"Aunty, it's ok." Tzuyu said. He looked at Sana and he smiled. "My stamina is in good condition."

"Of course you need to increase your stamina. My daughter is hard to serve. I'll make more nutritious meals to increase your stamina before I leave." Mrs Minatozaki said.

"Yes, aunty." Tzuyu said and he stirred the bowl of soup with his spoon.

Sama covered her mouth to calm her laughter. "Tzuyu, my mum spent a whole day and night to make your bowl of soup. Don't make my mum sad, make sure you eat your bowl of soup and then eat another serving of soup."