Chapter 43 [Squirrel Feels Incompetent]

At the emergency department of the hospital were cops dressed in black uniforms and doctors wore blue scrubs under white lab coats.

Inspector Sun ordered his team of cops to investigate the assault in the alley way.

Inspector Sun walked into the emergency department. He didn't know the identity of the young man who was brought into emergency with an arm injury, and why all the doctors and nurses were excessively concerned about the young man. He noticed the young woman who was brought into emergency with an ankle injury with the young man was waiting anxiously in emergency.

Sana sat on a hospital bed in emergency. She remembered on the way to the hospital Tzuyu comforted her and he could move his injured arm. But after they arrived at emergency she didn't see him anywhere and she panicked. She worried his arm injury was more serious than he led her to believe.

Inspector Sun asked the director of the orthopaedic department about the identity of the young man whilst the director examined the young woman's ankle injury.

''Of course they would be concerned. He's our best cardiothoracic surgeon. If his arm injury is serious, then he can't pick up a scalpel and perform another surgery for the rest of his life." The director said.

Sana felt like someone stabbed her heart and she felt breathless but she continued to listen to the director and inspector Sun's conversation.

''If Doctor Chou can't pick up a scalpel, not only does he lose the use of his arm but many patients' lives would be affected too." The director said.

''Where is Tzuyu? Where is he?'' Sana asked in a choked voice.

The longer Sana didn't see Tzuyu, the more she worried that his arm injury was serious enough to be taken directly to the operating room.

Sana jumped off the bed before the director could stop her, because she put too much pressure on her injured ankle she almost fell at the door. But a familiar arm wrapped around her waist and stopped her from falling.

''Although I'm happy you miss me, but many people are looking at us and you're making feel shy." Tzuyu said.

''Tzuyu...'' Sana called. She looked at Tzuyu's right arm. ''How is your right arm?''

Sana saw Tzuyu's right shirt sleeve was stained with blood and her heart ached. It was the first time in her life that she deeply worried about someone's health.

''It's a shallow injury." Tzuyu said. He stroked his wife's hair with his left hand and he whispered in her ear. ''Didn't I let you see it on the way here?''

''But...'' Sana said.

Sana saw many doctors and nurses walked back and forth outside the door and she lowered her head.

''They're making a fuss over something minor. Are you worried about me?'' Tzuyu said.

Sana didn't say anything, but the director's voice broke the tension.

''Don't be too happy too soon. Perhaps my hands put too much pressure on the little girl's ankle so she tried to run away." The director said.

Tzuyu led Sana back to the bed. ''Uncle Kim, I need to trouble you.''

The director looked at Sana's injured ankle then he looked at Tzuyu's injured arm. ''Doctor Chou, do you want me to examine your right arm? The hospital chief called all the hospital departments' directors for a meeting. But I'm exempt from the meeting and I have nothing to do. Since I'm here I may as well examine your right arm.''

''Uncle Kim, my right arm is ok. Uncle Wan, examine her ankle first." Tzuyu said.

''I'm ok. Uncle, examine his right arm first." Sana said.