Chapter 19

I went upstairs, heading to Jamie's room. I knocked on his door, calling his name. The door is locked, and it's very unusual for Jamie to lock his door. I could hear him walking towards the door, he twisted the door knob and let me in. I walked over to his bed and he closed the door. "Are you okay?" I asked. Jamie walked briskly and sat on the bed, beside me. I took his hand, he looked very down and sad. I wonder why. "I'm fine. I don't know how it suddenly occured to me, when you leave soon, I'll be all alone again. When you went out with Melissa all day, I was thinking of what would I do if you'll never come back. I don't want to let go." He looked at his feet. I fee a little emotional inside since Jamie's feeling very sad over this. And sad to say, it will happen. Sooner or later, we'll have to let go. "No, the distance won't tear us apart. Don't be like this. I still have another 3 weeks here, we will even celebrate our first christmas together." I tried cheering him up, and tried sounding very happy eventhough deep inside I'm about to cry out so hard. I lay him on his bed, covering him with the blanket and I snuggled beside him. We were staring at each other for I don't know how long and I don't want it to end. I run my finger through his soft hair and gave a peck on his forehead. He closed his eyes already by that means, he's asleep. I observe his face up close, that eyes, the nose, the cheek and that dimples, his lips, hair and everything. I'm going to miss all this. The chances of me and Jamie breaking up are high because of the dstance. I had to convince Jamie it won't get in our way or else he'll follow me back home. 

I don't want to be a burden. Sometimes, I felt like I dont deserve all this happiness, I mean getting Jamie follese to love me, having a very strong bond with this lovely family, is just like unbelievable and it's like a dream come true. I buried my face into Jamie's chest and feel asleep in his arms. 

A week has pass by and today is the Melissa's going back to our homeland. Jamie and I sent her to the airport that afternoon. 

"I'm going to miss you" I hugged her. "Me too! I had fun!. Thanks a lot guys for having me here"She break our hug and thanked Jamie. I could feel Jamie's strong arms wrapped around my shoulder, he's giving me the strength to face goodbyes. "See you in another two weeks ! Your family misses you!" Melissa gave me a quick hug again. "Oh.. Yeah... another 2 weeks." I answered, remembering the fact I'll be leaving all this fantasy 3 months life here. "I'll have to go now ! Bye guys!" Melissa waved at us an walk to the departure gate. After she's nowhere in sight, we drove back home. None of us were saying anything, I just look out at the window, feeling so mixed up. After this, I'm going to live my normal boring life again. Hmm. "Baby, Let's promise each other we will not cry when you leave later," I looked at him, and he took a quick glance at me. "What if I break that promise?" I asked, I'm 100% sure I will cry. "We can cry , just not infront of each other." He took my hand and squeezed them. "Okay, I promise" I held out my pinky finger. He smiled and our fingers joined seconds after. " I Love You christia" "I Love you too Jamie" 

-Next week -

It's a week before christmas and we're busy decorating our christmas tree especially Me and Mum. We stayed up late, decorating them. "Tia, Let's go christmas shopping." Ryan called me. I'm just chilling on the couch alone, Jamie went to his friend's and I was too tired to follow him so I insisted to stay home. "Right now?" I sighed. "Yeah, come on! Morgan is going with Maggie and the other girls and I have nobody to go with, please?" He sat beside me, pleading with that brown eyes. "Okay, I'll change first," I finally decided to go with Ryan. I went upstairs and changed into a simple blue dress. I texted Jamie saying I'm going christmas shopping with Ryan. He said Okay but then I have to go christmas shopping with him too. 

We went to the mall and Ryan went into different kind of stores. I have to admit Ryan is just like ny other shopaholic. He won't feel tired, unlike me. my legs can fall off anytime soon. After about 3 hours picking out some clothes and gifts , we had our lunch at Hal's Diner. "Tia, I'm going to miss you." Ryan suddenly looked up at me , putting his fork on his plate. I smiled. " Me too Ryan. It's harder for me to believe I'm actually leaving this wonderful family in like another week?" I flashed him a bittersweet smile, he didn't smile back. "You've done a lot of things to our family, and the best part is having Jamie to smile again. Thank you" I nodded. i couldn't look up because my eyes are blinded by the tears. "I know you're crying. Don't hold it back, I'm used to seeing you cry, hey, my shoulder is officially yours too" Ryan patted his shoulder and grinned. How can I ever leave this family?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, maybe this is slightly better but a little boring because there's no conflicts or that attracting points you guys like. So, the next chapter would be the part of christmas day ! BTW Thanks for the 1000 reads. I couldn't thank you more I felt like Is this for real?! My grammar errors and typos , haha I love you guys ! The next chapter, is the reason why the title is 'The Distance'  ! 

-Tina <3-