Chapter 46

I woke up with a new feeling inside of me, it's like I felt like I was reborned yesterday. I'm like in a very good mood. The talk Jamie and I had last night was really amazing, it's like there's this freaking huge rock on my shoulder has been removed and I feel lighter now.

I loved him, right now, all I really need is to enjoy my days in New York. Ever since we came here, I don't remember myself smiling properly at all. Okay maybe I did, when we reunited but this one, this feeling a whole new intervention. Perhaps, today will be the day. Tonight is also the boys' concert. I would want to enjoy myself this time with Melissa. I mean, It's Hot Chelle Rae! 

Although I knew the boys personally, I still have those constant daydreams and fangirling moments with Melissa. That would never be gone. We still have two days left here, and I was planning to not waste any single minute of it. I was too busy cramming all the problems I had before this till I didn't had the time to pamper myself.

The good thing about this trip is we get to spend our own quality time after the activity scheduled by the school and honestly we didn't even have that much of activities prepared for us. Weird, I know. Scratch that, I'm going shopping today. 

"Melissa, wake up!" I shook her hand roughly, since I was getting a little impatient. I had been shaking her for five minutes and she didn't seemed like she was going to get up any sooner. "What...."She whined. I smirked and slapped her head. 

"Get up now you idiot, we're going shopping!" I screeched, a little too enthusiastic. She managed to stir up with a totally messy bed hair. I shouldn't even complained about hers, mine was even worse. Tangles were poking out in every single direction though I tied it up in a messy bun. 

"Why are you so excited? Did something great happen last night?" She grumbled, still struggling to get up with her constant yawns. My face broke out into a grin. I just couldn't stop but feeling happy. I know I was supposed to feel like a total shit now that I broke up with Jamie, but that feeling just didn't hit me you know.

Because I could sense good things that will happen in the future. I was so sure that at some point we were going to be together again, trust me. I was just needing some space to breathe, and to enjoy myself. Not to enjoy myself in a bad way but in a whole new good level.

"I guess something did happen. Look at your smiley face. Jamie proposed or something?" Melissa poked my ribs. I grumbled painfully before smiling again. "Yeah, something did happened. I broke up with Jamie." I said, and stared at the beautiful scenery of my bedroom's balcony was showing me. The city of New york. "Whaaaaat! You whaat?! And you're happy about it?! Are you sure you're okay chris?! Like seriously?!" Melissa's annoying high pitched voice was screaming at the top of her lungs. 

I chuckled before replying her, "Yeah, we broke up but don't take it in a wrong way because i'm happy about it." I smiled again, well I shall just call myself the smiley girl today since I could never take a grin off my face. "You bitch, you're happy about it?! Why?! I mean, you freaking broke up? Who said it first?!" The usual Melissa and her questions.

I shook my head in utter disbelief. "I was the one who said it first, I need some space mels. With the fights we had been through I just need some time for things to calm down. A lot of stuff has happened since we've been here and I didn't want to add anymore problems. I'm not literally saying that Jamie was a problem but I just guess thing aren't in line now. I want to have the relationship like I had back when I was in Nashville with him. I missed it, and the ones I had now, was not the same. I could feel it, Mels. It wasn't the one we had before." my lips quivered. I was on the verge of crying.

Frankly, I missed the old us. People might never understand my feelings right now. The last thing I wanted was to have my best friend against my decision. "I'm sorry I shouted at your face. I just thought you were crazy to do that, but now that you told me the most valid reason ever, I guess it was a really brilliant decision you made there. I'll be here okay, don't worry. I'll support you in whatever you do. But always make sure you won't regret this." Melissa's kind words was like the best thing I have ever heard this morning, a good start for a great day ahead.