Chapter 40

I froze. I can't believe she's on the same flight as me. And what confuses me right now is why was she even in my town?! Okay, chill. I just need to act cool and pretend nothing happened. I closed my eyes, leaning my head, trying not to communicate with her. I still can't believe she did that to me and Jamie.

"Hey Tia" I could hear her voice calling my name. I flicked my eyes open, feeling quite shocked she's actually saying something to me after what she did. I turned to face her and put on a pale smile. "Hey" I said, she smiled back. 

"Hey i know it's very awkward. I can feel the tension in the air. I just want you to know that I'm really sorry for what I did. I was so stupid that time, I was just jealous." She stared into my eyes, looking so convincing. Did she really mean that? I mean I could just forgive her if she'd changed for real. I just smile instead, maybe she really regretted her actions. Well past is past.

"It's okay. I forgive you. As long as you don't do try to do anything to us again, we're cool." I could see her face lit up. She held put her hand and I took them.

"Let's start over. I mean we never get to be real friends, you know.." She chuckled. "Hi, I'm Katie. Pleasure meeting you." 

"I'm Tia, pleasure meeting you too." I laughed. "So, what were you doing in my town? How did you get here anyway?" I asked. "I came here to check on you." She said, casually.

I shot her a confusing look and she grinned. "Joking, one of my relatives lives in your town, that's the reason I came. Why are you heading to New York?" 

"We're on a fieldtrip. Besides, the boys are having a concert during our stay, so it'll be great. I haven't seen them in like a week?" I smiled, thoughts of Jamie came creeping in. "Oh really? Do you think they still hate me?" Katie's voice seemed to sound sad.

"Hey, I'll tell them it's cool now. Don't worry." I pat her back. She leaned in for a quick hug. "Thanks Tia. You're really nice, no wonder Jamie fell for you." I couldn't help but nodding, hoping this flight would speed up.

"Hey you should come to the concert!" I suggested, "Well, if they don't mind seeing my face ever again." 

"I'm sure they don't. Trust me."

**

Our flight finally landed and it's evening in New York. I went to grab my luggage and climbed my way up to the bus. I'm really hungry. I said Bye to Katie who went off first since her friends were waiting. I'm sure she changed, if not she wouldn't apologize. She's not that type of girl you know. 

"Hey babe, how was the flight? Sorry we couldn't sit together" Melissa came to join me as she sat on the seat beside me. "It's okay. I met a friend though." I said, as I rested my head on the head rest. 

"Oh really? Who? I did see you hanging with a girl just now," She pouted. "I never expected to run into Katie again." I murmured. 

"What?! Which katie?! That Katie back in Nashville?!" She yelped. I shook my head. "Calm down, we kinda made up. She's being -" I couldn't finish my sentence and Melissa cut me in. "She what?! You guys did what?! Oh my god, are you being serious?!" Melissa faked fan herself with her hand. I chuckled.

"Calm your ass. Let me finish talking." I pushed her head, giggling. She can be such a drama queen. "Okay okay, care to explain now?" I sighed. 

"Well, it's nothing much. She sat beside me and said hi. Then she apologized which was so unexpected. So i guess we could start afresh. That's all you impatient beast." I jabbed her ribs. She let out a relieved sigh. 

"But do you think she's really sorry? Who knows she has a whole new plan. Why was she even in our town!" Melissa shot me a confused look. I never thought she would fake sorry because it looked so sincere.