𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter thirteen:siphoning troubles┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter thirteen:
siphoning troubles
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"THEIR ANCESTRAL MAGIC ANCHORS THIS CITY. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah was explaining the magical history of New Orleans. Leviana couldn't help but notice the fact that Hayley looked terrified. She stared at her for a few more seconds before returning her attention to the main conversation.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus said as he walked into the library room.

"You're protection? You're one of the reasons she needs protecting." Leviana scoffed.

As per usual, Klaus ignored Leviana's comments. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two-hundred years-" Elijah was cut off by Klaus.

"Courtesy of our dearest sister." Klaus laughed.

"For the millionth time, I did not kill Celeste on purpose, I never wanted to kill Celeste, and it was not my fault that Celeste died. It was the spell, not me." Leviana snarked. She remembered the day that Hayley calmed her by telling her that it was the spell that killed her, not Leviana. During that moment Hayley was holding the woman's face. The memory made her blush, she quickly looked down to regain her focus.

"I don't understand why all theses sketches now." Elijah said ignoring the memory's that come up when he thinks of Celeste's death.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus smirked. He directed the question towards Leviana who just rolled her eyes. They heard Marcel crash into a wall and faintly heard Davina yelling. "Well, that's going well."

"Nik, shut up." Leviana said sternly. Elijah glared at her, so she but on a faux smile to appear nicer. "Please." She asked with clear aggravation in her voice.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Said Elijah.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus said sarcastically.

"Give me a month. I'll get you a list." Elijah said.

"A month? A year or a hundred may be slightly more accurate." Leviana said as she poured herself a glass of wine.

Klaus smiled and laughed to himself. His smile was immediately wiped off is face as another crash was heard. "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the arse." Klaus said with a smug look on his face. He looked to his sister who had a look that basically said 'my brother just insulted witches everywhere, does that include me?' Klaus also could tell his sister was getting annoyed with his, so as per usual, he had to push her even more.