𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter forty eight:family is merely blood┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter forty eight:
family is merely blood
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"The only people you can trust are those whom you share blood. Remember that."

"IS SOMETHING THE MATTER, BROTHER?" Klaus asked Elijah, who was standing at the other end of the table with a disappointed look. "Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?"

"Strangely enough, I'm not in a mimosa mood." Elijah stated.

"Oh, well, I am." Leviana chirped, taking away the mimosa Klaus had just poured himself, making him huff in annoyance before grabbing the one he had originally poured for her.

"Let's discuss strategy, Niklaus? Just wondering if you have one." Elijah said, unamused. "We can begin with Mikael's ashes. Given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, care to tell me where they disappeared to?"

Klaus and Leviana shared a look. According to Klaus, they were the only two siblings who actually had their heads on straight. He knew that she was on his side, but he didn't tell her where the ashes were and only told her that they were somewhere safe.

"Elijah, I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet you ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns." Klaus mused.

"Can we stop talking so loudly." Rebekah complained as she walked into the dining room. "Give me that." She sighed, pouring herself a cup of tea.

"What's the matter, new witch body not up to last nights bender?"

"So I had a few." She muttered. "It's not everyday you lose your father at the hands of your brother...again." She sat down across from them.

"Whoever said opportunity only knocks once?" He laughed, looking around to see if anyone else laughed at his joke; they didn't. Leviana gave him a tight lipped smile and shook her head. "Oh, come on. We all fled Mikael's tyranny for centuries. I would've thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant."

"Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be commendable." Elijah spoke quickly, sitting down in one of the chairs. "Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with."

Klaus stood up. "You know, for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving to be quite the buzz kill."

"Well, Niklaus, if indeed anything has killed the 'buzz' as you say, perhaps it was because murdering Father alienated the one person who truly knows how to defeat Dahlia."