𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter fifty:i died a little bit inside┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter fifty:
i died a little bit inside
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LEVIANA MIKAELSON WOKE UP WITH A RATHER LOUD GASP. She sat up, immediately putting a hand to her chest and looking around. She looked like she was in a tomb and inside a salt circle, most used for boundary spells. The next thing she took not of was her clothes and the coffin. They had one thing in common; they were soaked and smelled like a lake.

"Good. You're awake." Davina stated, her once sweet and cheerful voice now cold.

"What the bloody hell did you do?" Leviana seethed. She knew she shouldn't take out her anger on Davina, but the witch was speaking to her at the wrong time.

"Me? I didn't do anything." Davina scoffed. "You're family on the other hand ..."

Family. A word Leviana barely knew the meaning of. If you asked her at fourteen, she'd explain a family most desired. But now, while her family could be her greatest strength, it could also be her greatest weakness. However, all Leviana could think about was Hayley. Usually, to the heretic, Hayley's name was associated with love, happiness. Now Hayley's name was associated with pain and anger.

"What did they do?" Leviana asked angrily. Davina couldn't have meant what Hayley had done to her because she would've addressed it differently.

"Oh, well, let's see," She pretended to think. "Your family hijacked my spell to bring your brother back and used it to bring back your mother, Hayley daggered you, put you in a coffin and put you into a lake, then tried to take Hope from your family and raise her with Jackson, which only led to her being cursed in wolf form—"

"What?"

"Klaus sided with Dahlia." Davina deadpanned. "Or he played the part; I don't know every detail. Dahlia turned nature's insides inside out. The only day they're human is night of the full moon. But I'm working on fixing that, which is working. I'm thinking that if you want to go see Hayley — or any of your screwed up family — you do something for me."

"And what do you have in mind?" Leviana asked with a sarcastic smile, tilting her head.

"Your family didn't know you were in a coffin, in a lake, much less, and the person who put you there was the person who cares about you mowed and vise versa." Davina explained, moving closer to Leviana, who was still sitting in the wet coffin. "They'll always feel guilty for that. And whether they look like it or not, they'll be suffering. All you have to do is remind them of that, always and forever."

"PUT THE PLACE IN JACKSON'S NAME." Leviana heard Hayley say, which only turned all her emotions into anger. "Klaus won't be invited in."

Before Leviana had arrived at the compound, she showered, changed, and gotten ready as if it were just another day. But it wasn't, or it was, because this — being betrayed by the people she loves — was normal to a Mikaelson.

She used of Klaus' favorite type of entrance, a dramatic entrance. She made all of the doors to the courtyard slam one by one.

"Freya, stop this." Klaus demanded, momentarily catching Leviana by surprise. Freya was still around?

"It's not me." Freya shook her head, "I'm not sure what this is."

"How about who!" Leviana exclaimed with her arms out and a sarcastic smile as she stalked toward them. Hayley and Jackson could only widen their eyes in fear. Jackson knew this day would come, he had just hoped it wouldn't have been today — or ever, for that matter. He knew that if Leviana came back, she'd seep herself back into Hayley's life, she'd have his wife's attention, and he would not only lose his wife's love, but he would lose his life because of the heretic's rage.

They slowly turned to face her.

"Sister!" Klaus exclaimed, amused. "Mind telling us where you've been these last few months?"

Leviana immediately looked to Hayley, who had blood covering her face, and judging by the blood on Klaus' face, they must've had a fight. "That's a great question, Nik!" Leviana laughed. "Why don't we let Jackson explain the situation?"

"No." Hayley blurted. "We're leaving." Hayley wanted to ignore everyone and everything and tell Leviana how sorry she was, how she had no choice but to hide her away, and how she meant every word she said before it happened. She just wanted to tell her she loved her, but alas, it wasn't the time and Hayley doubted it would ever be the time.

Leviana opened the doors without taking her eyes off of Hayley and shrugged, "fine. Go." Hayley and Jackson hesitated. "Go on." Hayley gulped, but adjusted Hope on her hip, motioned for Jackson to follow and walked out with Jackson right next to her.

Leviana's sarcastic smile dropped. "Running won't solve all of your problems, it'll just create new ones!" She called, referring to their failed attempt to run away with Hope.

Once they were gone, Freya asked, "what was that about?"

"No offense, but I've been locked in a coffin — and apparently in a lake — for six months, and I don't know you."

"Sister," Elijah sighed. "Freya is family."

"So was Hayley." Leviana stated. "Look how that turned out."

authors note, i edited the last part of this and i like it sm better.