𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter thirty six:forgiveness┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter thirty six:
forgiveness
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

ESTHER HAD ELIJAH. No one knew where he was or what Esther was doing to him, he could be suffering beyond comprehension, or he could be in a nightmare that repeats itself over and over until he snaps and gives in to Esther's offer.

The offer was appealing, but if any of her siblings truly wanted to take a temporary leave from their body, she could do it herself. They didn't need Esther to do that. Esther knew they didn't need her to do the spell, but she desperately wanted to take take them from their bodies. In her last attempt to destroy her family, she tried to make them human so they could be killed. But this time she wants to put them in mortal bodies so they could live for a few years and die, conveniently soon after Hope was 'dead'. So why did she really want them in new bodies?

In the meantime, Leviana tagged along with Klaus on an adventure to the plantation that was now ruins. She sat on a large and tall rock while he pulled out Esther's coffin from the burial ground and watched as a Starling  started chirping from a tree. He simply smirked and picked up a can of gasoline.

"You know, I used to spend hours watching these birds." Leviana sighed, looking at the tree. "Now I pray I never see one."

"Don't we all." Klaus grumbled before turning back to the bird. "Are you watching this, Mother?" He began pouring the gasoline on the coffin. "Nothing says 'I loathe you' quite like desecrating a corpse."

"Some cultures use fire for a send off ritual." Leviana said, directing her attention on the coffin.

"Leviana, don't ruin the moment." Klaus scolded, Leviana rolled her eyes. Klaus pulled out a lighter and held it above the coffin ready to set it on fire, until the voice of Elijah stopped him.

"Niklaus. Leviana."

They turned around and saw Elijah starting to walk into the plantation. The two shared a quick glance before following Elijah into the ruins.

The faint sound of a piano note was heard as soon as they entered the plantation. The keys played a soft melody until Elijah looked up to them, "you seemed troubled. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were worried."

"What has she done to you?" Klaus asked immediately.

"A thousand years of murder and mayhem... and Mother believes she can still save our souls." Elijah said before dragging his finger along the piano. "She wants to talk. Perhaps we should listen."

Leviana and Klaus shared a knowing glance before Leviana walked to Elijah, grabbed his arm and siphoned him, making him disappear.