𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty five:explosion┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty five:
explosion
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LEVIANA AND KLAUS WERE TEARING through their collection of grimoires, trying to find the one they needed for the moonlight rings.

"Can I help you find something?" Elijah asked.

"Yes. I'm fact, I believe you can." Klaus sighed. "We're looking for a book about yay big filled with our mother and sister's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced."

"How very mysterious."

They continued to throw books. "Indeed. At first, we thought the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home." Klaus accused, they turned to Elijah. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, Elijah."

"Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in our mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you two have been conducting with the Crescent Wolves." Elijah seethed, "therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry."

"And here I thought you, of all people, would understand, we are simply trying to help those wolves, play samaritan to the abused, campion to the underdog, so to speak." Klaus said comply as he walked over to Elijah.

"How splendidly noble of you."

"Look, Elijah. I want what's best for those wolves, for Hayley and Niklaus' child, and for that I need that specific grimoire!" Leviana urged, "besides, it is mine."

"You two risk turning New Orleans into a war zone!"

"New Orleans is already a war zone, Elijah!" Leviana snapped.

"And what if the wolves seek retribution for the decades held in exile? Hayley gets caught in the middle of an uprising. I won't let that happen."

"You really think that I would? That Klaus would?" Leviana asked. "They can protect her if they're stronger!"

After a moment of silence, Elijah sighed, "Leviana." He waved his hand, urging for her to follow him. He stood up and walked out of the room.

"I really wish you would all stop treating me like an animal on a leash!" She called out as she followed him.

Out in the bayou, Eve was trying to prepare Hayley for giving birth.

"You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital?" Hayley asked. "You know, the place with the doctors and the drugs?"

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying." Eve assured her.