𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixteen:old friends, new times┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixteen:
old friends, new times
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

ELIJAH AND HIS SISTERS WERE walking through the Quarter. Elijah tried explaining that Klaus was becoming a better person, but no one actually believed that with their whole heart.

"Now, you may doubt him. Today I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress."

"Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?" Rebekah said as she high-fived her sister.

"Why would you two do such a thing?"

"Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. We like that about Thierry. We also like that he used to date a French Quarter witch, so he knows things about French Quarter covens that Leviana doesn't." Rebekah explained. "Maybe he can lead us to whoever stole off with the harvest magic."

"Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." Elijah said.

"That's just it. There was no outcome. We all know power like that doesn't just vanish." Leviana chimed in. "Someone stole it. We'd like to know who and then make an ally out of them. And personally, I'd like to convince them to bring Davina back."

"To what end, exactly?" Elijah stopped in his tracks.

"We are tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need to have the power to stand up to them. And having to drain the power of others can only get me so far." Leviana spoke for herself and Rebekah.

"I expect such behavior from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from you two, Leviana, Rebekah."

"We are not those sweet little girls that you knew a thousand years ago!" Leviana snapped.

"Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here?" Elijah asked.

"An effort to rule the French Quarter and have as much power as he can possibly get? Yeah, I've seen that." The heretic scoffed.

"He's invited us back into our family home." He directed to Rebekah. "He yearns for our family to be reunited."

"Yes he's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long? It's his trick, Elijah. He lulls you into a falls sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake. We fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in the chest for out trouble. No more." Rebekah argued.

"I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here. Leadership may, in fact, be a good thing for him. Now, sisters, please, I ask you, if you cannot support him, then at least do nothing to provoke him."