𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter thirty one:misery lasts an awfully long time┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter thirty one:
misery lasts an awfully long time
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

EIGHT MONTHS. Eight months since Hope was born. Eight months since the Mikaelsons' lives changed forever. Eight months since Hayley transitioned into a hybrid. Eight full moons Klaus was weakened because of his ties to the moonlight rings. Eight months passed as Leviana tried and failed to detach Klaus from the rings. And for eight months, Elijah and Leviana watched as Hayley and Klaus fell apart.

Leviana sat in Rousseau's wearing a glamor ( something that masks her true face and replaces it with one of her choice. ) as she waited for the man she was meant to be meeting with. The man also happened to be the wolf who had the last moonlight ring.

By the time she got home, it was night fall. She went up to her room that had its own bathroom and washed off her face, ridding herself of the mask. She looked up in the mirror and saw Klaus creepily standing behind her.

"Damn it, Klaus." She sighed, grabbing a towel from the cabinet.

"Did you find it?" He asked, eager to rid himself of his weakness.

"As a matter of fact, I did." She said while patting her face down. "It's a shame I have to kill him, he seemed like a nice man."

"I'll be down in a minute, I have to change." She nodded to him, he walked out with the same sorrowful look he's had for eight months. She went over to her bedroom drawers and pulled out one of her outfits that she didn't mind getting bloody. After changing, she went downstairs into the dining room.

"We have the Guerrea's where we want them." Klaus said, "we have them waiting and worried. We know their with no defenses against an original."

"We don't know that for certain." Elijah corrected.

"I'm willing to gamble." Klaus shrugged.

"It's too risky. The stake didn't just disappear, someone has it." Elijah argued.

"One enemy at a time. In the end, we'll slay them all." He sat down just as Genevieve's spell started taking a toll on him. "Tonight, we just have to plant the right seeds. And for that, we need help."

"Four sit on the hands of the Guerrara brothers." Elijah said, now explaining the plan to Hayley, "one on Oliver, one on Francesca. Three with the home security detail and the rest scattered among lackeys. Each ring is distinguishable by its setting. Gauche, like those that wear them."

"If they believe they can get the stake, they will come for me when I'm weak." Klaus said, "each ring we retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still be at a disadvantage."