𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter nineteen:runaways┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter nineteen:
runaways
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

—NEW ORLEANS 1919

KLAUS, ELIJAH, AND LEVIANA were in a bar, sitting in a booth, watching as people walked in and out of the building, as couples argued and danced.

"Look at these two pretending to be apart while so clearly a pair." Klaus pointed to Marcel and Rebekah.

Leviana looked at them with worry as Klaus stood up, most likely to cause a scene. Elijah had also noticed this and tried to persuade him to not cause a scene.

"Niklaus, not now. Why must you cause—"

Klaus used a spoon to clink against his glass to get everyone's attention. He held up his hand to signal 'stop' to the band.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to draw attention to two people who have been sneaking around behind my back together." Klaus said, looking between Marcel and Rebekah. Leviana held her breath.

"As we move into a new era, we require more progressive attitudes to match. So... to my loving sister Rebekah, and my right-hand man and best friend Marcel, may they find joy in each other." He took a gulp of his wine, it was at this moment, his siblings realized he was most likely drunk. "Enough talk. Music!"

Leviana watched with wide eyes as Klaus made his way to Rebekah. Leviana decided to listen in to be sure he knew nothing of what his sisters did six months ago.

"Over the years, I've thwarted your loves simply to protect you. I knew if we had to run again, your heart would be broken. I learned that from Leviana when we ran from the castle of the de Martels." Leviana felt tears ready to leave her eyes at the thought of the old memories she tried so hard to get rid of.

"But we don't have to run anymore." Klaus said. She looked down with realization, they brought Mikael here, meaning, they'd most definitely have to run. "Be happy, sister."

Klaus put a kiss on Rebekah's cheek and walked away. Rebekah looked at her sister with a look of shock and guilt. Leviana simply shook her head 'no' to signal that he didn't know and that they shouldn't tell him.

—PRESENT DAY

"He'll chase us to the ends of the Earth, and he'll find us." Rebekah said from the passenger seat. Marcel sat next to her in the drivers seat, Leviana was in the backseat. "No one can hide forever, especially from an angry Mikaelson."