𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter fifty six:just let it go┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter fifty six:
just let it go
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"IT'S A BIT ODD, ISN'T IT?" Lucien questioned, sitting in his seat. "Celebrating an American holiday."

Elijah sat down in his chair at the head of the table. "Well, you know, Lucien, I rather enjoy Thanksgiving. The turkey, the cranberry sauce, the lies, the deceit, the betrayal."

"We're getting into this that quickly?" Leviana sighed. She understood why, but she wanted to at least eat something before the huge argument that was undoubtedly happen.

"Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession."

"I couldn't agree more!" Nora's voice beamed through the compound, her heals loudly clicking as she took a seat next to Leviana, who had avoided any sort of eye contact with her. Nora smirked in response.

"Oh, at least pretend to look happy to see me!" She exclaimed, looking to Tristan and Aurora who had bewildered expressions on their faces.

"I didn't know you were here." Aurora spoke up confidently. She tilted her head. "Can't say I cared, either."

Nora crinkled her nose mockingly.

The two sisters had always had bad blood between them after their turning. No one knew why, but most assumed it just happened.

Partially true, but it wasn't normal sibling feuds. Sometimes, they'd go to such lengths to hurt the other that one would almost die. And the worst part was, the only one who was treated like a sibling after each incident, no matter who's fault it was, was Aurora. It wasn't a secret that she was Tristian's favorite.

"Is this entire dinner supposed to be some boorish inquisition?" Aurora then asked. "How rude."

"Nonsense, love." Klaus boasted. "My brother merely wishes to make certain we're all on the same page. So, who would like to begin?"

"Well," As soon as Nora heard Tristan's voice, she rolled her eyes and took a rather large sip of her wine. "Lucien and I have always loathed each other. Had we arrived as allies with news of a bleak future, you would've doubted us. We sought to remove suspicion by maintaining appearances."

"Oh, so, in order to get us to trust you, you lied to us?" Leviana stated, narrowing her eyes at Tristan, who had remained silent. "These pathetic lies promise to be as difficult to swallow as your stuffing this year, Nik."

"The bottom line is, we came to protect you, and ourselves." Lucien said. "We have never wavered on this point."

"And the bodies on my streets. Is that your 'protection' as well?" Klaus questioned.