𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixty nine:we'll never be pure again┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixty nine:
we'll never be pure again
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"OKAY, WE CAN'T RUN OUT OF WHISKEY AT AN IRISH WAKE, ITS THE ONE RULE." Hayley ranted as Leviana approached her. "Whiskey is important."

"Whiskey is important." Leviana nodded. "Cami would've liked this."

"I hope so." Hayley said, looking past Leviana. "How is he?"

Leviana sighed, "I don't know. Klaus' hasn't been this heartbroken since Aurora." She turned her head to see Klaus watching Marcel sadly.

Marcel must have come from Davina's funeral the cemetery. Leviana would have attended, however she felt her presence would be inappropriate, as she had sided against Davina herself many times. Kol's presence there was understandable, but unwelcoming.

"Nik never understood love." Leviana said, turning back to Hayley. "He used to say that we were foolish to open our hearts to a mere human something so weak and fragile. But now that he has loved and lost, I have no idea how he'll react or if he'll ever move on."

LEVIANA SLOWLY APPROACHED MARCEL IN HIS LOFT. The vampire was drinking bourbon and staring at the window, scoffing when he sensed her presence. He turned around to face her. "So you can bother people while their grieving, but can't even bother to attend the funeral of someone you called friend?"

"Would I have been welcome?" She asked. It wasn't meant to sound rude, but it came out that way.

"No. No, you probably wouldn't have been." He shook his head, taking a few steps towards her. "But she was your friend someone you cared about. If you even cared about her at all, that is."

"Of course I did."

"Then where we're you? Hm?" He was growing angrier. "You could have siphoned Kol's urge to kill her away. But you didn't. You chose to ignore it. You thought she could handle everything on her own. Well, guess what she couldn't. She never could. You said you'd help her with her magic before you convinced me it would be a good idea to sacrifice her. You lied to her. I can't believe she actually thought of you as a friend."

He scoffed and went back to the window. A single tear fell down her face. "Marcel "

"Just go!" He exclaimed.

Leviana took a deep breath before walking out of his apartment.

She would later wonder if she should have left at all.