𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter twenty eight:a near death experience┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter twenty eight:
a near death experience
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

KLAUS, LEVIANA, AND ELIJAH were walking in the crowd of people in respect of Kieran when they heard Genevieve calling for them. They turned their heads back and saw Hayley falling unconscious. Elijah grabbed Hayley and rushed back to the compound with Genevieve, Leviana and Klaus following swiftly behind. Elijah carried Hayley to a table that Leviana cleared with her magic.

"I can help." Genevieve said.

"Don't you touch her." Elijah said, blocking Genevieve from getting closer to Hayley.

"Let her be, Elijah. She was a nurse." Leviana snapped. She was overwhelmed by the amount of things happening all at once. Hayley was in danger of dying, the baby was in danger of dying, Elijah was trying to keep Hayley from getting help, and Leviana couldn't think properly because of each of those things.

Genevieve nodded to Leviana, "There's a spell I can do. Klaus, get chamomile from the pantry." She ordered. Klaus immediately went to fetch the ingredients she requested.

"She's trembling." She said as she examined Hayley, "your jacket, Elijah."

"She's not breathing. I can hear the baby's heartbeat, but not hers." Leviana said with a tone laced with worry.

—ON THE OTHERSIDE

Hayley shot up with a gasp and immediately started taking in her surroundings. She was in the compound, only it was empty, quiet, and tinted blue. She saw a figure come out from the side door and she started backing up to the edge of the table.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I suppose... I'm family." The man said. "I assume my reputation precedes me."

"This is a nightmare. I'm dreaming." Hayley said, shaking her head as she realized who she was talking to: Mikael.

"No this," He moves his finger around in a circle, "this is real. Do you know what the true nightmare is? Watching someone who is unworthy of my daughter's affection continuously abuse and betray her trust." He sped up behind her and put Hayley into a chokehold. "Welcome to my hell."

"Stuck in an eternity of watching over that hideous creature my children call brother." Mikael continued.

"You're dead." Hayley said, "how can I be here?" She shook her head frantically when it came to her, "oh my god. No! No! The baby!"

"The baby? That kid never had a chance! And as if your bloodline isn't filth enough, you poison it by merging it with Klaus'?" He chuckled dryly. "The deathless vermine fancying himself a daddy."