𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter fifty three:their return┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter fifty three:
their return
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

EVEN WITH THE NEWS OF LEVIANA, AND POSSIBLY KLAUS', DEATH IN THE AIR, THINGS WERE ALMOST THE SAME. Everyone was acting like Alexis hadn't said she saw his fall or as if Hayley and Elijah didn't see her death. They acted as if it was a normal day, which, if they were being honest, it was. But this was different. A prophecy predicting their death, Freya confirming it, and a seer showing them what was to come. But no one acted any differently.

Why?

Because they were scared — terrified.

Spending a thousand years with your siblings sounds like hell — which, if you asked the Mikaelsons, it was. But even then, they form an almost unbreakable bone with each other. The idea of breaking their bond by death rather than getting into a fight was horrifying, but wasn't beyond their comprehension. Kol and Finn were dead, and while none of them were exactly close with either of them, their death still hurt.

"So, my first sire wants to kill you, yours wants to kill me. Leviana's first sire is nowhere to be found, much like R—" Klaus cut himself off as they walked into the compound. Both he and Leviana didn't have the best memories when it came to first sires, so Klaus' mention of them resurfaced all of those horrid memories.

"It really does regret turning anyone in the first place," Leviana sighed.

"Well, the division of labor seems crystal clear. Two of them, three of ..." Elijah trailed as a woman's body came into their view. "Us." Her wrists were slit, but more importantly, she was laying in an arrangement of lavender and she was carefully placed in the center with a latter in one of her hands.

Klaus immediately walked over, bent down, and grabbed the letter. Elijah and Leviana stayed behind.

Klaus stood up and handed them the letter without looking in their direction. Elijah read it aloud, "roses are red, lavender is blue ..."

Leviana narrowed her eyes at the note, "come find me before I find you."

"I REMEMBER HER TO BE A BETTER POET." Klaus praised.

"You think this —" Leviana motioned towards the body, "— lacks poetry?"

"She wants us to find her. So let's." Klaus dropped the letter on the woman's body.

Leviana did not want to find Aurora. It would only be a reminder of the last time she saw her.