𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixty one:salted wounds┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixty one:
salted wounds
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

yesterday. . .

"LOOK, I KNOW IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE IT RIGHT NOW, BUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH, IT DOES GET BETRER." Hayley assured Cami. "And there are people around you that are willing to get you to that part." Cami didn't seem to be listening. "Cami?"

"Yes, that's very sweet, Hayley." Cami sighed. "And I think you should take your own advice. I mean, that is why you wanted to speak with me, right? To get some words of wisdom from the Mikaelson family therapist. I say, admit it. It's not grief, it's relief."

"What did you just say?" Hayley asked in a warning tone.

"Oh, come on, it's just us girls. You don't have to deny it. It's obvious." She scoffed. "You're in love with Leviana. And now that Jackson's gone, you're free. It must be nice. Almost like. . . a weight lifted."

And just like that, Hayley's heart dropped. Cami wasn't wrong about Hayley being in love with Leviana, but the rest? Hayley didn't want to lash out at her because she just died, of course she'd be different. But did she have to say that?

Hayley hummed and took a deep breath. "You're going through a really hard time right now, Cami. But you are never, ever to speak to me of my husband again. Do you understand me?"

Cami's eyes began to tear up. "I I don't know what's wrong with me. Why would I say that?"

"You're manic. It's part of it." Hayley sighed.

"I think I wanted to make you feel. . . pain, like I do. And so I said an evil, unfair, and untrue thing, Hayley."

"Forget it." She dismissed, closing her eyes. Cami's words had her thinking. "You're not you."

"I thought I could handle this."

"You can. You will." Hayley told her. "You just need time."

So do I.

"I think maybe I should go home." With that, Cami walked away.

today. . .

"SHE WHAT?" Leviana questioned angrily. Klaus had finished explaining to her that the mystery weapon was a toy he made Rebekah a thousand years ago that was made with whit oak. He also explained to her that Cami had stolen it in retaliation of Klaus taking away her dark objects.