Time capsule

(Most art shown in here is not mine unless I say it is! All rights and credit goes to the artists!)

(Spotify playlist to listen to when reading
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3gkIQ0sznxcZP545Xxl0v6?si=J7tc-QCfQ6yDQspG7Al01Q&dl_branch=1

*edit* I just realized the link doesn't work I am so sorry 💀 here the name and what it looks like again I'm sorry for any inconvenience

Enjoy!

Your POV:

I flopped onto my bed and groaned. "I'm a 23 year old. With a -good paying-online job. With too much time on her hands.
That's not something you see everyday." I scoff to myself.  I sigh and sit up as my foot knocks into something under my bed.
"Huh?" I lean down floor level to notice a brown box decorated with zebra stripes, pink cheetah patterns, and pink sparkly hearts,
"Cant get much more late 90's than this."
I open the box. Inside was a ton of random crap a little kid from the 90's would use. A fluffy diary, some decorative duct tape, a duct tape wallet, silly bands,slap bracelets, friendship charms, and a note on top. I grab the note as a picture falls out of it. I pick up the picture upside down and read the note with poorly wrote spelling and handwriting.

"When I'm big I wanna be a teacher or a camp counselor! With lots of cash and a hot husband. With a lot of mussels and supper serious but loving. I have a really cute pet named Oreo because he's black and white.  I hope when I read this I'm happy and feel cared for and is in a good place."

I smiled at the note and flipped over the picture.
In the front was a red haired boy smiling ear to ear holding a patch with a hand on it, next to him a blond boy looking grumpy. There was a brown haired tall -I was guessing councilor-behind them with numerous campers next to him with me in the middle left. I cringed at my little self. Braids and the style of clothings.
"Did I seriously dress like that?" I laughed.
I looked at the sign behind them that was plastered on a cabin.
"Camp Cambell."
I large grin appeared on my face, "oh yea! I remember now! These were time capsules we did! I didn't wanna burry mine because I thought it was too 'pretty' so I snuck it away."
I looked at the back of the picture again with the words,
"come back soon!" Written on it signed by the letter D and a kid on a skate board.
I chuckled, "I wonder who that kid was."
I looked back at the sign and sighed. "How's that camp doing?" I asked myself pulling out my phone and typing the name.
I clicked the first link and there were the words or a desperate advertisement.

*help NEEDED as a councilor! A weekly pay of 290$ for 4 months! Supplied with free housing, food, water, showers, and much more! Apply now! (260) ***-****
Seriously please.*

I chuckled and looked at my laptop,on the screen was the work finished for the next 4 months. I smiled and tapped the number, "this is bound to be interesting."

After a few rigns a woman sounding in her early 20's picked up.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Hi I'm here for the advertisement." I stated, I heard her mumbled 'YES!' To herself before calmly responding.
"Well, thank you for taking interest in our advertisement! What's your first and last name?"
"Y/n l/n" I responded.
"Alright!" She said, "welp your interview can take place at the camp-witch I will send the address to you in a second- at 12:30 tomorrow if that's alright. You'll go through in person training to see if your out for the job and we'll go from there!"
"Alright! Sounds good!lI said, "I look forward to working with you."
The call was then ended when I was texted with the address.
I smiled and looked at my clock which said 8 pm. I put my phone and laptop on the charger and sat on bed holding the picture. "Let's see how this goes." I enthusiastically said before setting the photo on my night stand, turning off the lights, and going to bed.