Do I?

(Sorry this is so short!)

David's POV:

"Y/n?!" I called out running around camp.

"Y/n!?!" I called again to no response.

After she had gone to get max he had returned to the mess hall but she didn't. It was after an hour and she still hadn't come back. I was already worried and my mind raced with all possibilities but it got even worse when I asked max where she was. When he told me she was down by the lake it didn't help that when I went down there, she was no where to be found. So now I'm running around camp calling her name even though Gwen told me not to worry.

Don't worry?! How can I not! She's been gone for 3 hours!! It's not like her to just disappear! Gwen Mabye but y/n? I'd already checked and her cars still here. She hadn't gone into town. And she isn't anywhere around camp.
So don't worry my butt!

"Y/n!!!" I called again.

Could it hurt to check the lake again? Or our cabin or the mess hall?!

My mind flooded with panic.

What if she was kidnapped!??

What If.? The wood scouts.

They always try to ruin things for us. It's likely that they heard we got a new councilor and decided she would be there best bet.

I walked down to the lake and got into one of the canoes.
As I paddled down across the lake my mind continued to worry.
It came up with millions of what if's.

Y/ns a....
She's like a..

She's something to me! And if she got hurt on my watch, well... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

When I reached the wood scouts I hopped out my canoe and looked at the eery camp.

I cringed at how bad it looked.

"Where is she?!" I yelled as seriously as I could when I slammed the door open.

There sat a zit-faced teen, a boy with an eye patch, Jermy Fartz, and a buff dude who there was no way was just a boy. Maybe he ate boys.

"Where is she?!" I asked again walking closer to them.

"Ah David I was- wait what?" Pikeman asked

I walked closer to him getting irritated.
"I'll say this one last time." I was inches away from the gross brat.
"Where.the fuck. Is y/n."

"Li-listen. I don't know who your talking about." He confessed.

I glared at him. "Really? Because every time something goes wrong or someone goes wrong your the one behind it. So where is she."

"Listen man, trust us. We didn't take whoever your talking about. We only take guys remember?" Snake added.

"Besides my love Gwen! She's welcome anytime.." pikeman shouted as I walked off.

Not the wood scouts?! Where else could she be??

I called Gwen,

"Hello?"

"Have you found her??" I asked.

"David I'm sure she's fine. She's her own person I'm sure she's just doing something. Come back to camp."

"Okay okay, fine. Maybe your right."

I hung up,

I rowed back to camp and sighed when my boat hit the shore.

It was around 7:30. I was tired and my brain was over worked.

I walked up to my cabin and opened the door.

!

I saw y/n sleeping on her bed with...

WHAT THE?!

HOW DID. WHEN. HOW DID HE LET HER?!

My mouth was open from shock.
Y/n was asleep with max in her arms. The both of them were holding each other.

I sighed of relief and looked back at the two sleeping people and smiled.

Man, I don't know how she does it...

I grabbed the blanket off my bed and laid it over them.

I sat down at the edge of the bed. And looked over them with kind eyes.
You scared the crap out of me today y/n.

I gently rubbed the top of her hair.

But your alright. And honestly, that's all that matters.

I smiled and continued to run my fingers through her soft h/c hair.

"Youre all that matters," I thought out loud

I looked away.
Realizing what I had just whispered.
I shook my head.
Seeing her with max like this.... It makes me feel... happy? No. What am I...

I looked back at her and max,

Feeling...

Through all the over thinking I had done today Mabye I just was tired of thinking. Mabye that's why...I didn't think..
I brought her bangs out her face and gave her a peck on her forehead.

My eyes widened and blush struck my entire face as I got up, walked out side the cabin and, silently closed the door.

My heart was racing as I touched my lips.

Why did I..

I covered my mouth.

Friends do that....

Right.

This isn't.

Anything more.

Than friends.

What I'm feeling.

My heart racing.

How I think about her.

We're co-workers.

I'm not.

Feeling..

That way.

I don't like her.

Do I?