Finger guns

Your POV:

After I announced the game David and Gwen pulled me aside, "um, y/n I love the enthusiasm! But... where do you expect to get all that money to pay for that?!" David asked worried.

"Huh?" I asked, "oh! I'm paying for all of it!"I assured.

"What?" Gwen asked, "where are you gonna get that kind of money?!"

"My bank account?" I asked confused.

"Didn't you come to Camp for a job?" Gwen asked.

"Oh! Well yes! But this isn't my only job. I don't even need the pay here! I have a stable job online and I have a crap ton of time on my hands! I came to Camp Cambell because I came here when I was little and we'll, I wanted to re-live it to some extent." I responded.
I looked over at david who- I didn't even know this was possible- but was smiling even more than ever.
"David... uh- are you okay? You look like your about to explode." I asked concerned.

The camp counselor squeeled like a 5 year old girl and gave me a HUGE hug.
I some what jumped at his sudden hug.
"Finally! Someone who loves CampCambell as much as I do!" David said still hugging me.

I awkwardly patted him on the back, "well... yea. I guess?" I looked over to Gwen who gave her self a face palm and sighed.

"David cut it out! Your gonna strangle her!" She ordered.

David let go, "whoops! Sorry about that I just- golly! I've never had someone appreciate Camp like it deserves."

I giggled at his word usage,

"What's so funny?" He asked,

I covered my mouth and-still smiling and trying not to laugh- I apologized, "sorry, I'm sorry. I've just... I haven't heard someone use the word golly in a long time. It just sounds so wholesome for an adult."

"Well, by darn! I'm glad I'm one of the first!" He said putting his hands on his hips very proudly.

I burst out Laughing and even Gwen chuckled.

~time skip I dunno how to transition this~
After lunch and all the kids cleared out. I helped David do the dishes.

"Ya know, no ones tried to kill each other today, I think your little game may be working."
He chuckled giving me an elbow nudge.

I chuckled, "ya think?" I asked.

"I do!" He laughed, "even Max has been somewhat nicer!"

I thought for a moment, "about Max.."

"Hm?" He asked

"What's his deal anyway? Why is he so rude and just 'I hate everyone'?" I asked as I impersonated the small child.

"Well," David begun, "I'm afraid he's been like that sense camp started." He sighed and his expression turned some what sad, "me, nor Gwen knew why until later." David plastered a small smile on his face, "we had a parents day-which was a disaster- two of the parents ended up doing ya know, and the kids saw it," he somewhat laughed,

"Oh your kidding." I asked mouth open.

He laughed, "I'm afraid not." He smile faded as much as he tried to make it stay, "everyone's parents came. Except Maxes... we had to put on this.. show. For the parents. to show what the kids had learned here at CampCamp. Because it's a whole bunch of camps into one.
Max was having an attitude the entire time. We had to do it with him sense his parents didn't show up but he just wouldn't.
Every camper was assigned some type of... thing, an art. An interest. Something. But.. when we looked at Maxes...
Nothing.... his parents just dropped him off here and left." He paused and sighed, "that's why, even if he is sometimes not the nicest, I try to have patients with him. Truth is... I don't think he has the nicest parents. So... even if he doesn't want to be here at Camp Cambell by choice. Maybe... I can make it just a bit easier for him. He already feels abandoned by his parents, I don't want him to feel alone here too.