The dock

I sighed and clenched my t-shirt where my heart would be.
Man, this stuff is confusing. I really adore him. To an extreme extent. I won't deny that. But I met him yesterday...

"Ugh, why is this so difficult." I complained leaning my head up towards the sky. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I looked to my side when something caught my attention,
Is there... someone on the dock?
I looked closer, yea. There's someone on the dock.
I picked up a thick stick and carried it behind me as I walked closer.
I put the stick above my head ready to swing as I walked closer and closer and..

Wait.

Is that.

I dropped the stick and walked over to the person till I was behind them.
"Hey david.?"

"GAH!" he jumped almost falling off the dock. "Oh, y/n.. you scared me. What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I joked.

"Heh, you got me there." He admitted.

"Can I sit here?" I asked him pointing to the spot next to him.

"Huh? Oh yea! Of course!" He said moving over.

I took and seat, "so, why are you out here?"

"Just thinking."

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked.

He softly chuckled under his breath. "Not anything worth sharing." He looked over to me and looked up and down. He smiled, "you're already wearing your uniform?"

"Huh?" I looked down, I was. "Oh, yea. I couldn't sleep and I don't think I will.  I was planning on just staying by the fire and helping quarter Master with breakfast but then I thought I saw someone at the dock and well... here we are."

"Oh, well. It suits you."

"What?"

"The uniform. It suits you."

"Oh! Thanks," I thanked him.

I pulled out my phone and put my headphones in, I handed him an ear bud, music for your thoughts?" I asked.

He smiled and took the earbud, "thanks"

(or songs I recommend,
Anything by cavetown
Deathbed /coffee for your head
White blood by oh wonder
Or wold you be so kind I also have a Spotify playlist
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3gkIQ0sznxcZP545Xxl0v6?si=1WsK3ak1QfOJInTvMHs_1Q&dl_branch=1)

I swayed my body to the beat, and David closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yea." David did a light chuckle, "hey, y/n."

"Yea?"

"I know I've said it before but, i'm glad you came back to Camp Cambell."

I looked over at him with wide eyes and pink cheeks.
He noticed my gaze and retuned it with a smile,
I gave him a light smile, "me too."

"David, I never asked and I feel like I should, why did you change like you did when we were kids?"

"Oh, well, it's started when jasper was awarded the best camper award and I was told to go on this 'adventure' with him so he could earn it." He begun.

"Oh yea! I remember that you were so upset about it." I teased.

"I was. I hated that I had to tag along. When we first started we kept going in circles and I after the 10th time of passing a log I finally said something. Mr. Cambell denied that we were lost of course and somewhere along the way we lost jasper."

I gasped, "no!"

"Yea, after following down stream where he had been we found one his shoes in front of.. bear tracks."

"Oh Jesus."

"Heh. We followed them of course and found jasper huddle in the corner of a dark cave. I used his light up shoe to distract the bears but Mr. Cambell went over board and killed both bears and rescued me and jasper. Me and jasper went back to camp and he was told he couldn't have the bade because he used electronics to help him, and the electronic was his shoe. So I got instead. I guess that one bit of praise and the fact that Mr.Cambell saved us made me love the camp a lot and gave me a different view of it.and I've loved this place ever sense."

"Yea! I rember once you came back you were a totally diffrent dude, I asked if you were okay and you said, 'by golly gee I'm the best I've ever been!'.... I dunno how I didn't notice you two were the same person." I laughed.

David laughed too, "well you've changed quite a bit sense we were little, so you can't blame me too much that I didn't notice it was you."

"No I really can't," I sighed. "I have changed a lot sense then."

Me and david talked for what felt like forever when at some point I closed my eyes to blink and they didn't open till the sun rose.

David's pov:

I laid in my cabin. I tried to sleep but.... I couldn't. I can't stop thinking of her.
I sighed, I grabbed my vest from the hook out it on along with my bandana I put around my neck. I looked at Gwen and y/n who seemed to be sleeping to make sure I don't wake them. I walked out my cabin and down to the lake. I looked out.
The moon shined down reflecting it's white glowing beauty across the sky and now the ground. The stars we stunning tonight and the sky was lit up of dark and light blues and a bit of purple.
I sat down at the edge of the dock.
I covered my face.
Why wont she get out of my head! She's so... her hair, her body, her hands, her eyes, her lips.

"Ugh... her everything..."

"Hey david."

"Gah!"
Gosh! Oh it's y/n...

After a bit of talking she asked to sit down and offered me her ear bud. I took it and thanked her and honestly I really like her taste in music. It's calming.
I closed my eyes and sighed as I listened to the music. We talked more and more; for hours Mabye.

"I still don't get why they make those but-"

*thump*

I look over to my shoulder, y/n's head was resting on it; I looked down and her eyes were closed.
"Y/n? Are you asleep?" I nudged her a bit but she just went back to laying on my shoulder.
My cheeks and ears got hot.
I felt my cheeks and realized they were probably red.

Dang it.

I felt y/n's head lift from my shoulder.

"That was weird huh you just passed ou.."
I looked over and her body was leaning the other way.

"Gah!" I yelled and grabbed her shoulder that was away from me. I layed her head on my shoulder again. And Sighed of relief.
I'm lucky I was paying attention, you would've fallen in.
I softly chuckled and pulled her closer to me. I had my arm wrapped around her so she wouldn't almost fall in and my other hand was behind me.

I listened to the music and rested my head on hers.
I hope this isn't.... weird...
I yawned and eventually closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"What the fuck is going on here."