Summer home

Your POV:

"Wait y/n what do you mean?? Who??" David asked concerned.

"I can't explain we gotta go now." I said grabbing his hand. The police officer we talked to followed.

"You two stay here and keep an eye on the children!" She demanded.

They nodded and follows us.
I ran down to the lakes shore near the canons with david in hand;the officer not far away.
"Can you explain what's going on??" She asked.

"I will on the way we need to hurry."

I brought a boat into the water and handed both of them an ore me grabbing one too. I got David's help pushing it into the lake and all of us hopped in. We started paddling to spooked island.

"Okay, now can you please tell us what's going on?" David asked.

I sighed and continued rowing, "they weren't wrong. They are old friends of mine- that is if it's who I'm thinking of- and their evil human beings and, I know what they mean by kid napping their kid.

David looked at me confused, "you did..?" He asked.

I shook my head, "no, but I did try to take him away from them. By filing a court case I mean. They must've taken it as kidnapping? Im not sure. But there mean and ruthless. They neglected their child and wouldn't even give him a name till the government did it for them.
I don't quite remember the name they gave him because they just called the baby it. And child. They refused to feed 3 times a day because "it was small and didn't need that much food. When their child would cry they would scream and shout at him, like he understood what he was saying. I had been friends with them sense I was here at camp Campbell, the man was a wood scout and the woman was a flower scout, after talking a new becoming friends we would meet up here all the time. Sometimes we would hang out in cambell summer home when he was at the camp. We were best friends and continued to be, till I figured out they were bad people but they were such good manipulators... I didn't notice it till I left. Or till I saw them with their child, some people just aren't meant to be parents so I tired to file a case against them for neglect. But, they won because of my lack of evidence. And after that...

//

"EXCUSE ME?! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE MY KID AWAY FROM ME!" the mother shouted.

"YOU'VE GOT SOME NERVE COMMING BACK HERE!" the father yelled.

I crouched down next to the baby who was on the couch.

I tried to hide my tears, I stroked his head.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU BITCH!" the mom screamed slapping me.

I unwrapped the blue hoodie that was around my waist and placed it on the baby, "I'm sorry...."

I stood up and walked away never turning back.

//

"But that was so long ago, 10 years Mabye. Why would they try to get back at me now?" I asked out loud.

"I'm not sure but, if we ketch them... there going to jail and we're getting that child away from them... if it's still...." she stopped talking.

I sighed knowing the fact she might be right,
"Maybe that's why there coming after me, he died and they blame me or something happened to him."

"Wow... I'm sorry that happened and is all happening.." david tried to be sympathetic.

I tried to smile before turning forward. "We're here..."

Our boat stopped at the shore of spooked island. David and the officer got out, david held out his hand, I ignored it and got out myself. I took my phone out my pocket and shined a light. I looked around.