EIGHT ✈

"So... you excited? " Jamie asked leaning against the door frame.

"Yes... but more nervous " I replied as I bit my bottom lip while packing my bag pack. I wasn't sure on what I should pack for my first day at Juilliard so I settled on leggings, ballet shoes, a note book and a pen, hopefully that was good enough. I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked up to Jamie.

"Ready? "

I nodded and we both left my room and walked out the apartment into her car. She said she'll drop me off since the place she's going to was in that direction. I hate having people chauffeur me around, I prefer to just take the train or bus but she insisted. I promised myself that I'll save up enough money to buy a car, well a second hand one at least.

Jamie pulled up outside of the school I looked at me with a smile.

"Have a good day at school sweet heart " she reached over with her arms out stretched for a hug.

"Shut up you ass lol" I punched her arm and got out the car. She cursed out loud as she rubbed her arm, I watched her as I laughed loudly then walked away into the school building.

I walked inside the huge building and was soon surrounded by loud noises of talking, laughter and music. I walked in the Registrar's Office and told the lady behind the desk my name. She looked up my name in the computer then handed me my schedule, I thanked her and walked back out into the schools hallway.

I looked down at the printed sheet of paper and read my schedule for this semester. I'm perusing The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance which is four year degree program in the Liberal Arts department. I was enrolled in 'Ethics, Conscience and good life' and 'Society, Politics and Culture.' Eww at politics. A class was three hours a day then modern dance for two and a half hours.

My classes weren't bad, they were all very interesting. I walked into the girls locker room and changed into my dance attire. I put my stuff in my locker then walked into room 26. I looked around the big dance room filled with mirrors. Students filled each corner of the room, some were stretching and others were sitting on the floor talking. All eyes were on me when I walked in and stood at the doorway. Ughh, I hate when people stare which caused me to look down at the shiny clean wooden floor.

"Hi...you must be Anastasia McKenzie? " I looked up in the directon of the voice and saw this dark haired female staring at me, she was absolutely beautiful.

"Y-yes" I nervously replied.

"Well I'm Belle...welcome to Juilliard and welcome to my class..well not my class I'm only Mrs. Harper's assistant...she'll be here shortly...come here don't be afraid " She smiled and signaled me over to her where everybody now stood. I walked over and stood next to a red head girl with freckles.

"No no ..come stand next to me and tell the class a little about yourself and why you chose Juilliard" I slowly walked over to her and she wrapped her arms around my waist making me swallow hard.

"Umm m-my name is Asia and I'm nineteen and I'm from North West Philly...I uh I chose juilliard becuse I love to dance." I briefly and nervously said as I looked around the room trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

" Alright class let's get started..Timothy you take the lead today" A tall dark skinned lady ordered as she walked in the room. I assumed it was Mrs. Harper.

"Who's this? " She asked Belle then looked at me.

"This is Anastasia McKenzie..this is her first day here" Belle answered with a smile as she walked over by one of the mirrors and signaled me to join her. I smiled shyly at a staring Mrs. Harper as I walked passed her to stand next to Belle.

"OK well I guess you'll watch and pick up the steps as we go along...better be able to catch up Miss. McKenzie" The lady said as she put a CD in the player and Chandelier by Sia played loudly throughout the room.

I was exhausted after dance class I kept getting called out by Mrs. Harper becasue I wasn't picking up the dance fast enough. Belle offered to practice with me on our free time. I waited at the bus stop for a bus to go home as I looked through my phone and saw two missed calls from Terrence. I called him back but it went straight to voicemail. I swear his ass always busy these days.

A car pulled up infront of me and the windows went down.

"Need a ride? " Belle asked with a smile.

"Oh no thanks I'll just wait on the bus" I said waving her off.

"Oh come on...the bus doesn't come for another 15 minutes and it's freezing outside" She was right, it was like twenty degrees outside. I held my winter jacket tight as I looked at the time then down the street. I sighed, got up then got in her warm car.

"Thanks" I uttered.

"No problem... I couldn't let you freeze out there lol...so you enjoyed your first day? "

"Yea it was cool..Mrs. Harper is really strict huh? " I asked not looking at her becuase for some reason I get nervous when I do. I don't know if it's becuase she's absolutely beautiful which intimidates me or the way she looks at me which I can't explain.

"Lol yea she is but once you do what you're suppose to do correctly she'll hop off your back"

"I'm guessing you're her fav student since you're her assistant? " I asked as I glanced over at her but quickly turned my head when she glanced at me.

"Well not exactly Mrs. Harper is my aunt by marriage...don't tell the others that though...nobody knows lol" she giggled softly which made me smile.

"So why you told me then?" I curiously asked.

"Becuase I can already tell you're the trustworthy..loyal type...you just give off that vibe.. Ya know? " I nodded and smiled even harder.

"Plus I can tell we'll be good friends...don't forget to tell me where to turn off" she added and I directed her to Jamie's apartment.

She pulled up to the apartment, we said our goodbyes and I got out. I walked in the apartment and saw Jamie on the couch watching TV with some guy who I assumed was her boyfriend.

"Hey how'd it go? " They both turned around as she excitedly asked.

"Great besides the fact that my dance teacher is a bitch.... I made a friend" A smile crept upon my face as I walked into the kitchen and filled a glass with some water from the faucet.

"Niceeeee... Oh this is Jerome... Jerome this is Asia my new roomie I was telling you about" she smiled as she introduced us. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Nice to meet you and you talked to him about me? " I said to him then asked her.

"Nice to meet you too and don't worry...only good things were spoken lol" he answered for her as she nodded with a big goofy smile. I cut my eyes at her.

"OK go catch some z's becuase your shift at the bar starts in three hours..we gotta be there 30 minutes before we open"

"Ughh ight mommy" I said as I walked off to my room, she laughed "Bye Jerome! " I yelled as I entered my room and shut door.

CAPRICE POV NEXT!

COMMENT... COMMENT.... COMMENT!!!