Chapter 2: Erde

Jeno watched as his knife lodged into the tree, the wood splitting in half

Jeno watched as his knife lodged into the tree, the wood splitting in half. The crack spread throughout the trunk, and soon, the whole tree had toppled over, completely split in half.

"Show off." Jeno heard Jisung mumble from behind him and tried not to laugh. On the other hand, Jeno's father, the Erde Chief, only nodded his head.

"Your cut wasn't centered." Jeno's father told him. "You need to work on your aim."

Jeno bit his lip as he placed his hand on the knife on his belt, the one that would never be used in battle. It was his vare, the source of all his power, and if it ever got separated from him in a fight, he would be as good as dead.

Not only did his vare give Jeno power but touching it also helped him handle his emotions. Jeno felt the energy for his weapon transfer into his fingers to the rest of his body, his anger quickly diminishing.

Jeno took a deep breath, bowing his head as he returned his hand to his side. "That will be my goal for the next training session."

"Good." The Chief said just as one of his council members came running at him. Jeno watched as his father nodded his head before shifting his attention back to Jeno and Jisung. "My apologies boys, but I need to run. The council needs me."

Before either Jeno or Jisung could respond, the Chief headed off with his council member leaving the two alone.

Jeno let out a deep sigh, running his fingers through his hair. Jisung shook his head, hands on his hips.

"You might be strong but I would never want to be in your place." Jisung said, a shiver running down his back. "If my father was that hard on me, I would cry."

"You would cry even if he wasn't that hard on you." Jeno responded, walking over to where his knife was, sitting on the forest ground.

"Okay, I get it." Jisung mumbled, following him. "Can we talk about something else?"

"Like what, the ball?" Jeno said, picking his knife up.

"Yeah, the Summer Solstice Ball!" Jisung cheered before noticing the serious look on Jeno's face. "Aw, come on? I know you're excited to see Jaehee again."

Jeno stiffened at the sound of the girl's name. He had exchanged letters with Jaemin about the event and all his best friend said was how frustrating the two were and begged Jeno to ask Jaehee out at the event. In all honesty, Jeno did think about it too and had finally convinced himself to do it.

Until he heard that the dark realms were invited.

"It's not going to be like the other years." Jeno said, placing his knife into his belt. The two boys started walking back to the village, knowing they were pretty far out. By the time they returned, dinner would almost be ready.

"I know but it'll still be fun, right?" Jisung asked. Jeno shrugged his shoulders.

"With the dark realms, I'm not sure." Jeno told him. "We don't even know what they're like. For all we know, they could be the worst people we've ever imagined."

"Or they could be kind and friendly." Jisung suggested with a smile.

Jeno stopped walking, looking over at the male. "I don't think so."

"Why do you have to be so negative?" Jisung mumbled, adjusting his leather belt that held his weapons. "You should be more positive."

Jeno spun around, throwing his knife in Jisung's direction. Jisung narrowly dodged it, the ring on his finger lighting up as he used his power.

Jeno tried hard not to laugh as Jisung glared at him, unimpressed with the little stunt Jeno had pulled. "Hyung, what was that for?"

"Training." Jeno said, picking the knife up before continuing to walk. "Because we have no idea what's going to happen at this ball."

 ———————————————————————————

- Age: 21- Realm: Erde- Vare: Moss Agate Dagger- Next Chief of Erde- Serious when it comes to realm business but friendly otherwise

- Age: 21
- Realm: Erde
- Vare: Moss Agate Dagger
- Next Chief of Erde
- Serious when it comes to realm business but friendly otherwise

- Age: 21- Realm: Erde- Vare: Moss Agate Dagger- Next Chief of Erde- Serious when it comes to realm business but friendly otherwise

- Age: 19
- Realm: Erde
- Vare: Gold & Emerald Ring
- Father is the Park Clan Leader
- Naive, clueless at times
- Self-disciplined

- Age: 19- Realm: Erde- Vare: Gold & Emerald Ring- Father is the Park Clan Leader- Naive, clueless at times- Self-disciplined

- Age: 22
- Realm: Erde
- Vare: Bronze Battle Axe
- Father is the Wong Clan Leader
- Has lots of energy, mood maker

———————————————————————————

:D