Chapter 4: Seeing Red (part 1)

Mark slipped out of his sister's room to see Ten and Rosa in the halls, waiting for him

Mark slipped out of his sister's room to see Ten and Rosa in the halls, waiting for him. They both had concerned looks on their faces, and he tried not to sigh as he already knew what the question would be.

"How is she?" Ten asked, dropping the bomb they were waiting for.

"She's sleeping." Mark told them. "The sleeping pills are working, but she's still... I don't think she's okay."

"I'm not surprised." Ten muttered as Rosa shook her head.

"She's going to need time." Rosa told him. "Jungwoo meant everything to her."

"I know." Mark ran his fingers through his hair, not knowing what to do. A part of him was upset as well, Jungwoo being a dear friend of his. But he felt like he had no right, seeing how broken his sister was.

Footsteps came down the hall and their heads turned to see Sungchan approaching them, but he wasn't alone.

"We have a guest." Sungchan said, stating the obvious. Mark nodded his head, trying to hide his eyes that were puffy and swollen from crying.

"She's sleeping now." Ten said, speaking on behalf of Mark. "Perhaps we can chat and then you can see her when she wakes up?"

"I'm fine with that." Taeyong said before turning to Mark. "My condolences, Mark."

Mark shook his head, making his way to Taeyong's side to guide him to his study. "Thanks, hyung, but Jungwoo was part of your realm. You lost him too."

...

Grace had no idea how many days had passed as she laid there in her bed, staring at the black wall

Grace had no idea how many days had passed as she laid there in her bed, staring at the black wall. She felt like her soul had been sucked out of her, finding her life pointless.

While locked up in her room, she decided to write her will, knowing that life was a precious thing that could slip out of their hands at any second now. She had no idea if anyone would ever read it, but at least it would be there if someone did.

One of the worst feelings she had encountered was the loneliness she felt while lying alone in the bed, missing the feeling of Jungwoo's arms wrapped around her. It was the safest feeling in the world and without it, she felt vulnerable, as if someone was out to get her at any time of the day.