Chapter 3: Truth Untold (part 2)

Grace couldn't believe her ears so she laughed, unable to take Jaehyun seriously

Grace couldn't believe her ears so she laughed, unable to take Jaehyun seriously. "Excuse me, what? You can't be serious."

The two men looked at her as if she was insane, but honestly, that was how she felt about Jaehyun.

"I am." Jaehyun said, lifting his chin ever so slightly. "I am completely serious."

"Well I don't think it's a good idea." Grace said, stepping forward. She didn't fear Jaehyun at all, there were worse things in life than trying to ration with this man. "What is a war going to do for us, Jaehyun? Nothing."

"I lost Haesoo because of Erde's decision. They only deserve to feel the same way." Jaehyun replied.

"We lost Haesoo.'' Grace corrected, not liking where this was going. "And Erde lost their Chief because of your father, who, in case you forgot, broke the agreement my dead father made."

Jaehyun didn't seem fazed at all, stepping forward, matching her confidence. "Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough."

"Hey." Jungwoo said softly from the side, trying to stop the two but Jaehyun didn't want to back down and because of that, Grace didn't want to either.

"You said you wanted to start a war, how much clearer can you get?" Grace asked, a scoff coming with it. "Please, enlighten me."

"Oh, I guess I just wanted to give you both a chance to join the proper side." Jaehyun said as a sadistic grin spread across his face. "The war? It's already begun and it's all because of me."

Grace's eyes widened, immediately sensing something very wrong. She stepped back but Jungwoo only took her place, separating them.

"What do you mean?" Jungwoo asked, his voice beginning to shake. "What do you mean the war has already started? And why is it because of you?"

Jaehyun rolled his eyes and Grace tugged Jungwoo back, not liking where this was going nor the close proximity they had with Jaehyun.

Jaehyun snickered, entertained by their fear. "Oh, you two should have seen the look on the King's face when I killed him."

King?!

Grace exchanged looks with Jungwoo, both thinking the same thing. In the end, it was Grace that spoke first, unable to hold it in.

"King... You killed the Luminosa King!" Grace exclaimed, the realization hitting her hard. "You, you started this mess by killing the King!"

Jungwoo stepped back too, his legs beginning to shake. Grace reached out, grabbing his hand and squeezing it, knowing how much pain he went through when his king died.

"I did." Jaehyun said, not the least bit ashamed of his actions. "I killed him. Had to break off this marriage somehow."

"Are you serious?" Grace pulled Jungwoo behind her as tears began forming in his eyes, knowing how hard it was for him to register everything Jaehyun was saying. "You killed someone because you wanted to break off our marriage? Do you know how sickening that is?"