Chapter 4: Seeing Red (part 2)

Doyoung watched as Haechan seemed nervous, standing before the group of nobles

Doyoung watched as Haechan seemed nervous, standing before the group of nobles. Taeyong had called all of them into Luminosa, to discuss their next steps.

There were quite a few missing, for various reasons. Grace was still mourning the loss of her lover, so Taeyong had excused her. Jeno was training in Erde, dealing with his role as the new chief. Jaehyun was also absent, for obvious reasons, but Haechan was here on behalf of their realm... at least what was left of it.

"I'm sorry, but can you say that again?" Yangyang exclaimed, in shock. It was clear that everyone else in the room felt the same, not expecting the report to be like that.

"Feu's borders have been closed." Haechan sighed, clearly stressed from the situation. "The Jeongs didn't give us much choice either, they basically asked us whether we wanted to join their efforts and if we didn't we had five hours to leave Feu."

"Ombra took up most of the people that left." Ten informed them. "But the problem is that most of them stayed."

"They stayed?" Eunhye exclaimed. "They said they wanted a war and people in Feu actually wanted to stay?"

"There's something you need to understand." Haechan said, raising his hand to signal that he wanted to talk. Taeyong nodded his head, allowing him. "Feu holds plenty of people that hold the same values as Jaehyun, wanting to be part of the realm in power. And Jaehyun's not stupid either. He knows that there are going to be people that think the same in other realms, haven't you noticed that some of your friends aren't around?"

Doyoung looked around the room along with the others, and the missing people were noted.

"Hey." Doyoung heard Jaemin whisper, nudging his girlfriend. "Is Taeil coming?"

Eunhye's face quickly changed. "I haven't seen him in the past few days."

"Johnny hasn't been around either." Sora mumbled from behind them.

At least all the nobles from Eis are here,

"I knew we couldn't trust people that weren't in Luminosa." Jiwoo muttered from beside Doyoung. He couldn't help but scoff, crossing his arms.

"If you didn't want to trust us, you shouldn't be here." Doyoung replied. "Taeyong called us so we can work together, but if you can't trust us, you shouldn't be part of this."

Jiwoo ignored Doyoung, looking towards Taeyong instead. Doyoung watched as Taeyong nodded his head, and Jiwoo backed down, sinking back into her seat.

What's her problem anyways? Doyoung wondered as Taeyong continued their meeting, not wanting to waste time.

"Is it safe for me to assume that everyone here is on the same page?" Taeyong asked. Nods filled the room and he took a deep breath, placing his hands on the table. "Then I supposed we have no choice but to defend our own realms for peace. Similar to what the two late Kings were aiming for, Mark and I would like to restore full peace in our realms and we need your help."