Chapter 5: The Final Battle (part 2)

"Did Sungchan come to his senses?" Ten asked as they watched the water freeze over

"Did Sungchan come to his senses?" Ten asked as they watched the water freeze over. The troops behind them were silently waiting for Jaehyun's army to come over, hearing the roar of the battle slowly approaching.

"Apparently." Rosa mumbled. "But I think it's too late. He already gave Jaehyun everything he wanted."

"Well I guess there's nothing we can do then." Ten sighed, before turning to Meixin, who was watching in horror as the army slowly grew bigger. "Shall we get started, love?"

"I don't know if I can do this." Meixin whispered to him. "There's a lot of them."

The roar of Jaehyun's army was getting louder now and Ten knew they couldn't wait any longer. He exchanged looks with the other three who gave him nods, confirming that they were ready as well.

Ten worked with Rosa to bring up a thick wall of smoke, slowly widening it so that it stretched across the land. He bit his lip, channeling every last drop of power the amethyst necklace he wore as his vare gave him.

Once the wall was made, Meixin took out her fan, working with Kun to push the wall of smoke Ten and Rosa had created towards the army

Once the wall was made, Meixin took out her fan, working with Kun to push the wall of smoke Ten and Rosa had created towards the army. Ten watched as the smoke moved, quickly engulfing the people as they began to panic, some of them turning around.

Most of their army were the people of Feu though, and as a neighbour to Ombra, they knew that their powers could easily defeat theirs. As Ten expected, flames rose, dissipating the cloud of smoke.

Ten tried his best not to laugh as the front lines began dropping into the water. Using fire against the smoke was a good idea for visibility but that only melted the ice they were using to cross over to Aria.

Jaehyun quickly raised his hand, stopping them as he and his father discussed their next moves. Ten smirked as he met Jaehyun's eyes, giving him a small wave.

"Sora!" Meixin called as the army began to realize what they were doing, waiting out for the smoke to fade. The girl from Vatten got the signal though, quickly pulling her boyfriend to the edge of the water where the others from Vatten and Delain were waiting.