Chapter 4: Before the War (part 1)

Aera watched as Jisung threw his knife as hard as he could, the object glowing a faint green

Aera watched as Jisung threw his knife as hard as he could, the object glowing a faint green. She could tell he was calling his powers as he planted his feet in the ground, steadying himself.

Taeyong had suggested that Aera visit Erde, for a few reasons. The first was to gain some training for the Erde trainers, some of the best in the light realm. The second was to check up on their realm, checking how close they were to planning an attack. The third reason, and the reason that probably was the most influential, was so she could see her dear friend Jisung.

Jisung's knife landed in the centre of the tree trunk, just a little off from the centre of the circle carved into it. A sigh came from the male as he shook his head, slightly disappointed in himself.

"You did well, Jwi!" Aera cheered as Jisung returned back to her side, now with his knife. He didn't seem convinced though, a serious look to his face as he passed her the knife.

"Thanks, I guess, but if the Chief was here, he'd be disappointed." Jisung told her, making her pout. He instantly smiled at the sight, giving Aera's cheek a pinch. "Okay fine, I appreciate it, don't give me that."

"Good." Aera said, taking the knife from his hand. She froze as she felt sparks run through her body the second their fingers brushed, blinking a few times to register what had just happened.

"Aera? Are you ready?" The sound of Jisung's voice brought Aera back to reality, the girl staring at the knife in her hands. She nodded her head, taking her stance.

Aera took a deep breath, eyes narrowing the target on the tree trunk. She zoned out the rest of the world around her, lifting her arm. She channelled her energy into the weapon, about to throw it when Jisung yelled.

"Wait!"

Aera jumped at the sudden exclamation, making nervous laughter come from the male. "Sorry, I just wanted to help you out first. Your position is a little off."

Jisung approached her, hesitating with his hands inches from her body. Aera could only stand still and watch as he went through an internal battle before gently placing his hands around her waist, shifting her position ever so slightly.

Aera felt like her heart had stopped as her grip around the knife tightened, trying not to scream. Jisung didn't seem to like the position her nervousness had put her in though, and was soon adjusting other parts of her position, from the distance between her feet to the placement of her arms.

Aera really couldn't handle it anymore when Jisung ended up standing in front of her, his body so close to hers. His eyes were focused on the ways she was gripping the knife, changing the position her fingers were in.

"Jisung." Aera barely squeaked out. "You're really close right now."

"Oh." Jisung bit his lip, quickly stepping back and rubbing his neck. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."