Epilogue: The Story

"The End

"The End."

The two children stared up at their father with shocked faces, no words coming out of them. Mark laughed as he closed the story book, placing it onto the bedside table.

"Come on, Minsun, it's time to head back to your room so your brother can sleep." Jisun called out to their daughter but neither of the two children were ready for bed.

"That's it?" Jihyung, the youngest child of the Lee family exclaimed, his round eyes still staring at his father. "That's the end of the book?"

Mark exchanged looks with his wife, who sat down on the bed, sensing that would take a while.

"Well yes, that was the story of how Orenda was unified again." Mark told his children. "Afterwards, everyone lived happily ever after."

"Except for those that died." Minsun mumbled, the ten-year old girl crossing her arms over her chest. Mark had noticed how unhappy his daughter was once she heard that her aunt had died, even if it was in exchange for her father's life. "If Jaehyun didn't kill you, Grace would still be here with us."

"Perhaps." Jisun said, clearly a little uncomfortable with the comment. Luckily, Mark was expecting this, standing up.

"Minsun, why don't I walk you back to your room so your mother can tuck your little brother in." Mark suggested, reaching his hand out. His daughter seemed hesitant but still got up, taking her father's hand.

The two waved to the other half of the family before exiting Jihyung's room, heading out to the halls of the castle.

"You know, you remind me of her." Mark said, once they were alone. Minsun slowed down, looking up at her father.

"Me?"

Mark nodded, smiling as he placed an arm around the little girl, pulling her closer. "Watching you grow up, it's like reliving my childhood once again."

"But I didn't almost die and have my brother sacrifice his life for some dark magic spell." Minsun mumbled, only making Mark giggle.

"See, Grace would have said that too." Mark said, ruffling Minsun's hair. "You have similar values to her, and act like her too, in many ways. She trained and studied hard, and was very well-mannered and polite, but at the same time, scared a lot of people that didn't know her well."

"Hey, it's not my fault that Lee Hua is afraid of me! She just catches me at bad times!" Minsun exclaimed, referring to Meixin and Ten's child, their family being one that frequently visited the castle.

"I don't know, I'm pretty sure she said some of the things that you say to Jihyung to me." Mark told her, making Minsun give her father a look, pursing her lips.

"Whatever." Minsun huffed, not liking what her father was saying. Mark quickly caught on, holding his daughter tightly before she could get away.

"What I'm trying to say is even though my sister's gone, her spirit lives on." Mark told the little girl. "Even after we pass away, everything we did will still have meaning. Our vares are a reminder of that. Grace is gone but her vare is still here, in this castle, and Orenda will forever remember the sacrifices she and the others made for our peace."