Chapter 4: Family Relations (part 3)

"Ew, that's ugly! Delete that!" Sona called out, reaching for the photo Lina had taken of her sister

"Ew, that's ugly! Delete that!" Sona called out, reaching for the photo Lina had taken of her sister. Lina only threw her head back in laughter, holding the picture as far away from Sona as possible. Eventually, Sona was getting close so Lina rolled out of bed, running out the door of her room, Sona quickly following her.

Like that, the twins ran around the ice castle, as if they were children once again. The servants were all used to it, knowing how the twins had been since birth.

As Lina ran, she thought back, trying to remember if there was ever a time where they weren't close. They had grown up attached at the hip, always wearing matching clothes and hairstyles, playing around together. They were as close as they could get, and Lina was certain there was nothing that could pull them apart.

Well, there was that one time. Lina recalled.

"Are you serious?" Sona exclaimed, staring at her sister as Lina got ready. "You're cancelling out sister's night for Chenle?"

"We can have sister's night any other day of the week." Lina responded, staring at the clothes in her closet. "But it's not every day that your crush asks to spend some time with you. Sorry Sona."

"I can't believe you." Lina didn't even have to turn around to know that there was a big pout on Sona's face, her twin crossing her arms as she sat down on the bed. "What do you even see in him? He's like a child."

"Chenle is nice to be around." Lina replied, finally figuring out what she was going to wear. "He has good energy and a smile always on his face, unlike you right now."

"Well I would have good energy and a smile on my face if my sister wasn't ditching me for a guy."

"Sona, I live with you!" Lina exclaimed, turning around. She didn't realize how loud she had been until she saw how hurt Sona was through her eyes.

Sona blinked back the tears, keeping her head down as she stood up. "Have fun, I guess."

Before Lina could say anything, Sona left the room, not even bothering to close the door behind her.

Lina wasn't really one to let her emotions get the best of her, but apparently that didn't apply when her sister was involved. The entire time she was with Chenle, the male was trying to cheer her up, but it even got to a point where he was getting frustrated.

"Lina, what happened?" Chenle asked, a deep sigh escaping his lips. "You're not like this. Did something happen?"

"Huh?" Lina asked, looking up. She met Chenle's worried eyes, the male shaking his head.

"You know what, it's fine." Chenle said, slipping the controller out of Lina's hands. "You seem tired, you should go home. Plus, it's getting late."

Lina glanced at the screen and realized the game wasn't over yet, which only confused her more. "Wait, why?"

"You might be physically here." Chenle said, giving her shoulder a poke. "But mentally, you're somewhere else."