Chapter 5: The Final Battle (part 4)

Jiwoo was getting frustrated

Jiwoo was getting frustrated. Jaehyun had outsmarted them, making his people wear visors. Her powers were essentially useless as she desperately tried to angle her light beams, but they were moving too fast.

She decided to give up, throwing her knives instead. They were barely effective, not enough to take out the army around her. It didn't help that two of the strongest fighters that were once on their side, Lucas and Yuta, were leading them.

"I hate this, Doyoung was right." Jiwoo mumbled. "You really can't trust anyone here."

"I'm always right." Jiwoo was surprised when Doyoung appeared beside her, quickly sending ice shards in their direction. It distracted them long enough for Doyoung to capture her eyes. "Need some help?"

"I don't need anything." Jiwoo said, but her voice came out shaky as she noticed Yuta and Lucas get up, both of them barely affected by Doyoung's attack.

"Well I need yours." Doyoung said, lifing his hands. A large ice crystal quickly formed between them, the male holding it up for her. "Come on, hurry up. We don't have all day."

Jiwoo wasn't exactly sure what he wanted her to do but followed her gut. She pointed a light beam into Doyoung's crystal, and he carefully aimed it into the eyes of Lucas and Yuta, temporarily blinding them.

While they were stumbling, other troops on their side ran past them, taking care of the two. Jiwoo could only stare as Doyoung let the ice crystal fade, before looking back up at her.

"We make a pretty good team, don't you think?" Doyoung chuckled, revealing his teeth ever so slightly.

Jiwoo could only smile back before motioning back to where more enemy troops were fast approaching. "Whatever makes you sleep at night, Kim Doyoung."

...

"Pathetic." Jaehyun scoffed as he glanced over at Mark's lifeless body. "Why offer a battle when I can kill you just like that?"

Jaehyun had to admit, he was worried when Mark offered to have a one-on-one battle to determine who will rule over all of Orenda. He wasn't going to take it but after Johnny reported that they were losing troops fast, Jaehyun figured he might as well. He had nothing to lose anymore.

What he wasn't expecting was for a shove to the neck to end Mark's life. They were fighting like they did when they were younger, both of them knowing each other's weaknesses. Mark even had the upper hand, having knocked Jaehyun's sword out of his hands. Jaehyun resorted to using his bare hands, and that was all he needed as turns out, the right side of Mark's neck was his Achilles' heel, the place where Jaehyun hit to win the battle.

Guess that bond of theirs was stupid afterall.

Jaehyun smiled, casually picking up his discarded sword when another presence came out of the shadows.