Chapter 2: Union (part 2)

"Haechan?" Sona asked as she stepped in

"Haechan?" Sona asked as she stepped in. Haechan wasn't even sitting on his bed, but rather on the floor at the foot of his bed, staring blankly at the wall in front of him.

There were dried tears on his face, his eyes red and puffy from crying. There was a tray on the bedside table, containing what Sona assumed was his breakfast, but it looked like it hadn't been touched for hours.

"Haechan."

There was still no response so Sona sat down beside him. She reached out for his hand, expecting him to slap it away, but he didn't. Instead, he stayed silent as Sona took his hand, and she watched as the tears started rolling down his face again.

As a twin herself, Sona knew that there was a bond that connected her and her sister like no other. Although Haechan and Haesoo worked differently from her and Lina, there was no denying that twins still had a deep bond, one that no one else would ever understand..

Sona gave Haechan's hand a squeeze, trying her best to help him with the heaviness in his head. ""You don't have to talk if you don't want to."

"I found out what happens." Haechan whispered softly, unlike his usual loud self.

"What happens?" Sona asked, confused. Haechan sniffled, wiping the tears with the back of his hand as he nodded.

"What happens when I lose someone close to me." Haechan said, his voice cracking at the end.

Sona watched as Haechan broke down in front of her, remembering their conversation from before the war. Back when Haechan was so confident in Feu's abilities, confident that he wouldn't lose someone close to him. In the end, he had lost his sister, his twin sister that he never seemed to get along with but everyone knew deep down that he loved with all his heart.

"Hey, I'm right here." Sona said, hugging Haechan as he cried into her shoulder. "Shh, I'm here for you."

Haechan continued crying and Sona couldn't help but feel terrible, not knowing what she could possibly do to relieve his pain. Haechan kept shaking his head, mumbling how much he wished that he treated his sister better while she was still her and Sona did her best to comfort him.

"I don't want to do this anymore." Haechan muttered, so softly that Sona could barely hear it. "I don't want to fight in this war anymore."

...

"Sona?"

The sound of Jisun's voice made Sona flinch, looking around as she remembered where she was. "Huh?"

"She was asking if you were feeling alright." Yuta mumbled, rolling his eyes. Jisun had to admit, Yuta was the last person she wanted to invite but Mark told her he was an important person to get on her side, so she had let go of her dislike for the male for the good of their realms. "I guess the answer is no."