[Nine]

|Chapter 9|
🤍🥂

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘁𝗵𝘆𝗺𝗶𝗮
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘁𝗵𝘆𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝖺𝖻𝗂𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌

Finally, an hour and a half later, my makeup is done and I'm satisfied.

I take a look in the mirror to examine myself and, damn I look good. Hopefully not too good though. I just need to impress the client not make him fall in love with me.

Spraying on some perfume is the last thing I do before deciding that I'm done

Spraying on some perfume is the last thing I do before deciding that I'm done. It took me 2 hours and a half to get ready. That's a personal record.

I grab my purse and phone and head downstairs to see Emilian's back facing me whiles he talks to someone on his phone.

Suddenly, his phone call ends with him looking tense and irritated. He turns at the sound of my heels on the tiles and stares at my body intensely for what seems like forever before he looks at my face.

I see the guilt in his eyes so I ask "What's wrong? We aren't late are we?"

He snaps out of his trance and tells me, "No, but the meeting is canceled and I feel guilty knowing that you took your time to look this good." I'm taken aback by his comment.

His eyes rake up and down my body once more before I speak up, "My eyes are up here Mr." He unwillingly looks into my eye putting on a cheeky smirk.

"What's gotten into you today?" I question. "You're acting very bold for someone who was on my bad side just a few hours ago."

"You look gorgeous and again, I'm sorry, I'll refrain from staring at you for too long. But, it's too bad we can't go out. I'll make it up to you for wasting your time."

I smile up at him, "Are the reservations canceled?"

"No, but I'll call them now to let them know we won't be there," he responds and begins to take out his phone.