[Fifty-Two]

|Chapter 52|
🤍👩🏽‍🎓

𝗔𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗮
𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗂𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇.
𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁.

1 month later

"Are you excited, Liza?" I smile. It's her graduation day and she hasn't smiled since we got to her school.

"Of course I am. It's a big day," she looks around frantically.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm avoiding someone," she responds.

"Who?"

"My ex."

"You had a boyfriend?!" I whisper shout.

"Eh, something like that. I told him I was leaving and never coming back. And he said if I ever came back then we're meant to be."

"What the hell?"

"Yeah, crazy right?"

"You probably broke his heart."

"Nah, he'll be fine," she shrugs it off.

I roll my eyes, "You're so heartless."

"Nope, I just know who I want and it isn't him," she smiles, walking away.

"Hey, baby," Seb says from behind me. "Let's take a seat before all are taken. I don't want you standing up." He gently takes my hand, pulling me to the few empty seats left in the front.

The service goes on and I'm bored until they call my sister's name. "Eliza Suave," the announcer said.

When I stand up to shout "That's my sister!" nobody can hear me because everyone else is cheering for her and I'm confused because she's the only person everyone collectively cheered for.

"I thought you said she had no friends," Seb whispers into my ears.

"That's what she told me."

After everyone's names are called and the students are seated together. The salutatorian already spoke and now for the introduction valedictorian. Ugh, this is going to be boring.

I tuned out the whole speech until the part where the principal says, "Now, please join me in welcoming Eliza Suave to the stage, our valedictorian for the class of..."