| 17 |

'Tsumu🙄💛: Omi!! Are ya still awake?

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Yes?

'Tsumu🙄💛: Ya don't sound too sure 'bout that 👀

Omi-Omi😷🖤 is typing..

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Whatever, did you need something?

'Tsumu🙄💛: Maybe..

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Get to it.

'Tsumu🙄💛: Do ya wanna call?

Omi-Omi😷🖤: 'Tsumu, it's late.

'Tsumu🙄💛: Pleaseeeee, just for t'night? 🥺

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Atsu, no.

'Tsumu🙄💛: Please? I promise I won't be loud!

Omi-Omi😷🖤: ..

Omi-Omi😷🖤: Fine, but you better keep your word, I'm tired.

'Tsumu🙄💛: I will! Thanks Omi!! <3

°••°•°••° ~—~•—•~—~ °••°•°••°

"Hey Omi-kun." Atsumu smiled softly as he glanced up to his phone screen, there he seen Sakusa who was already lying in bed.

"Hey 'Tsumu.." Sakusa mumbled softly, a small yawn escaping his lips. He was rather surprised to see Atsumu up doing work instead of lying down, especially considering it was nearing midnight.

"Ya really are tired ain't ya?" The blonde chuckled, his eyes falling back down to the homework papers he'd been working on.

"Mhm.. aren't you?" Sakusa questioned, and was a little surprised to see Atsumu shake his head. It wasn't the fact said blonde was tired that surprised Sakusa, it was the fact he lied.

"'Tsumu, why're you working so late?" Sakusa questioned once again, he still got a response yet Atsumu didn't look at him.

"M'tryna finish my work before it's due, which ain't 'till Friday but — I'd rather be prepared, y'know?" Atsumu stated before carrying on, normally Osamu wouldn't let him stay up working this late but that night he was at Suna's.

"'Tsumu." Sakusa called, only to get a hum from the blonde on the other line in response.

"Atsu, look at me." Sakusa called once again, finally catching Atsumu's attention and making him glance over.

"What's up Omi, somethin' wrong?" The blonde questioned, worry lacing his eyes as he looked at a tired Sakusa.

"Put your work away and lay down, it's late." Sakusa more demanded than anything, catching a now more noticeably tired Atsumu off guard.

Said blonde fell silent, he couldn't deny the fact he'd definitely been thinking about it, but he didn't want to end up forgetting to do his work and then have to hand it in late. That was the last thing he wanted to do.

"As temptin' as that sounds, I can't, I gotta get it done." Atsumu sighed softly, hoping it'd be left at that, yet he shouldn't have been surprised to find out Sakusa would push on.

Rolling his eyes lightly, Sakusa had finally managed to come around to responding. "We can work on it tomorrow, I'll stay on call." The dark-haired stated, catching Atsumu's attention once again.

"But for now," He went on. "Put it away." Sakusa ordered, this time finally seeming to get to Atsumu as the blonde looked to be in thought.

Silence had fallen over the two, Sakusa silently watching the blonde on screen as he stared at his homework, he'd been staring so hard he might as well have burned holes through it. It almost worried Sakusa a bit, and so he went to speak up — yet as he did, Atsumu finally seemed to move.

"Ya better not be lyin' Omi or I ain't messagin' ya for days." Atsumu threatened playfully, a small smile coming to his face as he gathered his papers.

Sakusa only scoffed playfully in response, a small chuckle leaving his mouth as he watched Atsumu set his homework off somewhere to the side. "Mhm, sure, like you could go a day without speaking to me."

"Are ya challengin' me?" Atsumu questioned, quirking a brow as a small smirk settled on his face.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, you'll never know." Sakusa mused, a small smile coming to his face as he watched Atsumu internally question whether or not it actually was.

"The only reason m'not takin' that up is 'cause I know ya'd go insane without me." Atsumu chuckled, taking a pause to stretch a little before finally lying down.

"Yeah sure I would, keep dreaming." Atsumu listened to Sakusa mumble out, only sounding more tired than before.

For a moment, said blonde hadn't responded, instead, he got under his covers and got comfortable, after setting up his phone on his nightstand of course. It wasn't until he was 100% sure everything was set in place that he focused his attention back on Sakusa, both of their faces now being lit by the dim lights of their phones as all other lights had been turned out.

"Omi, ya can go to sleep y'know, ya look 'bout ready to pass out over there." Atsumu chuckled softly, his one staying low as to not be overly loud.

"Are you tired..?" Sakusa questioned, his voice coming out just as soft as it usually does when he's tired, faintly reminding Atsumu of the morning's of the previous weekend where he'd woken up next to said dark-haired.

"Mhm." Atsumu nodded. "M'goin' to sleep too Omi." The blonde stated, somewhat assuring Sakusa he could fall asleep. Whenever they'd fallen asleep on call with one another, normally Sakusa would stay up until Atsumu had fallen asleep.

Sakusa simply nodded at this, finally letting his eyes fall shut as a peaceful smile made it's way to his face, something that seemed ever so welcoming to Atsumu.

As Sakusa's breath seemed to steady, his chest rising and falling at a regular pace, Atsumu still found himself awake, simply.. admiring. It was no doubt that Sakusa was an attractive person, but what stunned Atsumu was how someone could look so flawless no matter the time of day.

Especially on a late night, where he was being partially lit by the moonlight, only making the peaceful expression on his face look more enchanting with every second that passed, it made Atsumu's heart melt.

"So peaceful.. ya really do look like an angel.." Atsumu mumbled, smiling softly to himself as he let out a breath, finally allowing himself to completely relax.

"G'night Omi-kun.." Atsumu paused, his eyes had fallen shut and before he finally drifted off, he uttered a few words that could barely be labelled a whisper, letting such things slip thanks to his tired daze.

"I love ya.."

•••••°•••••°•••••

1) Short 'n sweet fluff — which takes place on the Saturday night of the weekend before the week of the Inarizaki vs Itachiyama practice match (if that makes any sense?)

2) Atsumu, say that last line one more time for the people in the back 😌

3) take the fluff as whatever you'd like, I'm just trying to battle off writers block ¯\_()_/¯

~koi