| 49 |

Sakusa awoke to something not-so-peaceful that morning, that thing being a voice. Not at all had his thoughts gone to the fact Atsumu stayed the night, at least — not until he actually listened to the voice.

"Thank ya, an' sorry again." The sentence was followed by a soft sigh. "I'll be back on track t'morrow without a doubt."

On track with what? The ravenette's confusion simply grew, though he didn't dare get up just yet.

"M'kay, see ya t'morrow." The blonde, as Sakusa had assumed, finally hung up.

With that in mind, the dark-haired finally sat up, rubbing his eyes as he glanced over the back of the couch and at Atsumu.

"'Tsumu?"

"G'mornin' sleepin' beauty, did I wake ya up?" Atsumu chuckled softly seeing the other in such a tired state.

"Yes, you did." Sakusa rolled his eyes, his tone was rather bitter. Despite when he'd usually get up, he really wasn't a morning person.

"The phone call," The dark-haired's voice had suddenly softened. "Was it.." Sakusa trailed off, and lucky for him, Atsumu picked up on what he was getting at fairly quickly.

"No, it wasn't 'Samu or Suna, they're alright as far as I know." The blonde smiled a little, then went on.

"I was just tellin' coach 'm not gonna be in for practice t'day." Atsumu stated hesitantly.

He knew considering they were all still new to the team, how risky it could be missing practice but — Foster reassured him it was nothing to worry about. He understood there was some family troubles at the moment.

"You're not?" Sakusa questioned, only now was the dark-haired finally getting up and off the couch.

"No, I 'otta talk somethin' over with 'Samu an' figure out if 'm takin' yer offer or not." Atsumu shrugged, now looking to the ravenette in front of him.

Sakusa nodded, then brought the two's conversation topic elsewhere.

"Are you headed home now, or are you staying until I leave?"

"Like I'd willin'ly say no t' spendin' more time with ya, who do ya take me for?" Atsumu chuckled, earning a small eye roll from Sakusa.

"If that's the case then," The dark-haired went on, ignoring the blondes previous question. "I'm going to shower, and you're either showering after or I'm dropping you outside."

"Still so mean t' me, an' for what?" Atsumu let out a small huff, though given the look he was getting from Sakusa, it wasn't a moment for playing around.

"M'kay, ya don't have t' give me that look — I'll shower when yer done." The faux blonde rolled his eyes lightly, and eventually watched as Sakusa nodded and made his way off.

Since the other was going off to shower, that left Atsumu the perfect time to get some messages in and check up on Oikawa.

The two had been glued to the hip since the beginning of their second year, which, to both seemed ironic as during their first year they despised one another.

However, as the duo had gotten to understand one another, they had started bonding over their differences and similarities — apposed to fighting over them. Which was something they really hadn't seen coming at all.

Letting out a soft chuckle, Atsumu brought himself out of his thoughts — focusing at his new task at hand. First came messaging Osamu, then came Oikawa.

6:42am

Pudding Thief 😒: Hey 'Samu, 'm not goin' t' practice t'day, I got somethin' I wanna talk t' ya 'bout